1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Dating my Calvins

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by mintvint, Feb 6, 2019.

1. mintvint

mintvint Registered Guest

Hi there! I have been curating for over 10 years and these Calvin Klein's have me stumped.

I thought they may be fake at first, as they have no hardware on the pockets (see pocket photos) and they are a color I have not come across (washed grey exterior, white interior). Despite no hardware, the tags and labels seem to check out, as well as the front button. The leather label is also a style I have not seen anywhere, and the interior label design tells me 'vintage' but also looks sewn a lil awkwardly.

Please check out the photos! Any info on these would be appreciated! I am having a hard time dating them. CalvinTags2.jpg CalvinLabel.jpg CalvinTags.jpg CalvinButton.jpg CalvinFront.jpg CalvinBackPocket.jpg CalvinFrontPocket.jpg CalvinLeatherLabel.jpg
    IMG_20190206_153749972_HDR.jpg

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi, can you please show some full photos of them, so that we can see the shape of the legs and how high the waist is?

3. mintvint

mintvint Registered Guest

Thank you! I just uploaded a full length photo, they are high waisted

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks! I'm no CK or jeans expert, but I would guess 80s with that shape and that washed-out fabric. Them being made in the USA is also a sign I think.

5. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

The shape of these looks classic 80s, though some Jeans are reissued at a later date so that's also a possibility. I have seen the same leather tab on other 1980s examples online with same inside label combo, same font/colours. Check on etsy or ebay with a generic 'Calvin Klein 80s jeans' search. Not seen the colour though, not until the 90s I think.