1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1920 Book Of Fashion Plates Chanel, Worth, Lanvin

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Marzilli_Vintage, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Marzilli_Vintage

Marzilli_Vintage VFG Member

This wonderful old book is great for reference and is starting unreserved at ebay auction tonight! user I.D.: lmarzil1.

harry angelo company001. 1st pick jpg.jpg harry angelo company006.jpg harry angelo company005.jpg harry angelo company010.jpg harry angelo company009.jpg harry angelo company008.jpg harry angelo company011.jpg harry angelo company015.jpg harry angelo company014.jpg

2. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

What year is it? I had one of these from 1922. Wonderful resource!

Sorry - I just saw 1920 in the title.

Marzilli_Vintage likes this.
  3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

4. Marzilli_Vintage

Marzilli_Vintage VFG Member

Thanks Mary Jane. Love the blanket you posted, but I've never seen the pattern and don't have a guess as to the maker.

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  5. Anne P.

Anne P. Registered Guest

Hello there, I'm here for research on this era's fashion, and I found these amazing illustrations! Issue is, I can't find anything else to reference it online. Could you please tell me, or anybody tell me, when the book was published? That would be very greatly appreciated!

6. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

This one was 1920. Hary Angelo published these for some years, though. I just did a google search and found the 1923 one I sold on AbeBookscom as well as 1926 and a 1913 editions.

7. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Interesting. I have a Lippincott Home Manual called Clothing for Women by Laura I. Baldt. A.M.
    It has colored plates in it. 2nd Ed. from 1924. 1st. Ed. is from 1916.

Just love the colored plates.

8. Anne P.

Anne P. Registered Guest

Thank you very much!