1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just saw Rocketman - it's GREAT

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Jonathan, May 31, 2019.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

2. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

I just listened to an interview with Sir Elton about this yesterday and it sounds great!

Love your blog, as always Jonathan!

3. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

4. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

on our list of Summer Movies to see! thanks for the review!

btw, i saw him at an outdoor state fair concert in Des Moines, Iowa back in 1973 or 74?? i think it was....after releasing Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. it was SO good!! he did like 4 fabulous encores: what an entertainer!! just love him!

peaceful vintage likes this.
  5. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

We have tickets to see him at one of his concerts on his farewell tour in Toronto this October... I am so looking forward to it!

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

He was wonderful when we saw him in Montreal a number of years ago. We were blown away by his performance, he played for over 2 hours and never left the stage.

Looking forward to the film!

7. I would love to see this film, but, the "love" scenes deter my friends from going.

I need better friends.

8. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

It's not very salacious - no naughty bits show... just passionate kissing and hugging and a side view of humping...

9. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

I want to see this movie so bad. I’m not sure if it’s out in our theaters here yet but I love that the singing is real and how true it can be to the way it really was because Elton produced it himself.

10. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Gotta see this! I saw him 4 times in the 70s, and I LOVED his costumes...oh, and music. He's truly a great musician. Thanks for the encouraging review!

11. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

It opens here tonight and we can ride our bikes to the old 1920s era cinema. Definitely going over the weekend. Woo hoo! Thanks for the review, Jonathan.

12. thespectrum

13. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

14. ClubVintage

ClubVintage VFG Member

I want to go but I will have to wait until next week unless I want to go alone.

The young band that has been shopping at my shop for the last five years, Greta Van Fleet, played for his after Oscar party a few years ago. The boys gave me a picture of them with Elton. He gave them some advice on how to dress & stand out....I guess he should know how to dress to stand out!
    Love Elton!!!

eltonjohngreta.jpg

15. thespectrum

Cat, that is so cool! Until I saw them on SNL I had never heard of them, they are really good.

16. ClubVintage

ClubVintage VFG Member

They are really super nice boys. Their grandma always brings them in and they try on bunches of stuff laughing and having fun with everything. They don't care if it is women's stuff or guys stuff if they like it. They are very young & skinny so lots of things fit them. They also like jewelry, especially bracelets and necklaces.