1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've never seen this label?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Rock that frock, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Rock that frock

Rock that frock Registered Guest

Hello,

I haven't seen this label before. It's from a skirt and jacket set. Can anyone date this? Is it a couture piece? Any ideas where I can locate a value for it. Thank you for your help!

:*

Attached Files:

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Is there also a label in the skirt? You would need to show interior of the jacket and skirt with the workmanship, seams, hem, etc. to get more info.

We cannot help with value, we can hopefully help with establishing more info but not that.

Lovely jacket, it looks mid 1960s to me.

3. Rock that frock

Hi Mary Jane,

The skirt has no label. The jacket has a union tag, according to the VFG it's late 50's early 60's. Here are a few pics of the jacket interior..and an example of the union tag.

Have you seen this particular label? If so, do you know anything about it?

Should this item also be taken to an auction house?

Thank you,

;*

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Well the union label makes it clear that it can't be couture. The "original design by" would also indicate this to me. According to our label resource, Cardin started a ready-to-wear line in 1957, and started licensing his name out in the late 60s. I agree the jacket looks around mid-60s, so my guess would be tha it's a ready-to-wear piece, made in and for the US.

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Agree with Karin. With the union label it cannot be couture. A licensed design.
    You could always ask an auction house if they would be interested.

6. Rock that frock

Hi Midge,

Thank you for that information! I really do appreciate it.

:)

7. Rock that frock

Thank you Mary Jane!

8. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Pierre Cardin labels are so varied - he must have had a LOT of licenses and design agreements - I bet I have seen 100 different Cardin labels in my lifetime....

poppysvintageclothing likes this.