1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Dating & Identifying De De Haute Couture Label/Fabric/Skirt Specifics

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Mollzonmarz, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Mollzonmarz

Mollzonmarz Registered Guest

Hi VFG Community!
    Hoping y'all can help me identify a few specs on this crazy great skirt I've come into possession of. The label reads "De De Haute Couture Buenos Aires" and I'm curious to know a bit more about the designer, estimated production dates, fabric, and the specific terminology for the type of skirt (bubble?, wiggle?, Etc.). Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

Distantdetails likes this.
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

It looks like its late 40s or early 50s. The zipper Opti, is a German make, and the style is a dirndl skirt - moderately fll that is simply gathered onto a waistband. It's a watered grosgrain - not sure if its silk or rayon without handling. Is the black velvet top original to it? It looks good and period perfect with it...

Mollzonmarz and Distantdetails like this.
  3. Mollzonmarz

Mollzonmarz Registered Guest

Thank you very much for your help with this, Jonathan. The fabric is thicker and definitely feels silky and smooth like silk. The top is actually a cheapo polyester top I found out thrifting, but I agree! It does work well with the skirt. Thanks again for your help❤️