1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rainbow blouse.. 1970s?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by TaylorW, Feb 5, 2020.

1. TaylorW

TaylorW Registered Guest

5E0A8493-4571-4414-950B-225348B794E3.jpeg After doing some label research here, it appears the “three flaggs” label by Edith Flagg is from the 70s. This blouse just screams DISCO to me. Thoughts??

Attached Files:

2. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

Absolutely 1970s maybe even early 1980s

3. EverythingISpeachy

EverythingISpeachy Registered Guest

I agree with her above. The pattern reminds me of the loud 80s print early 80s probably

Retro Ruth likes this.
  4. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

It really made me think of Tootsie which was 1982. Though the character was not exactly fashion forward!

[​IMG]

5. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Also I'm not seeing disco/party wear, though I'm sure it could be styled that way. I think this kind of blouse with the pussy bow would have been smart daytime wear back in the day . Like everythingispeachy says, I'm also seeing more early 80s than 70s in the colour scheme.

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  6. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

7. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Agree, not disco but daytime. I have a silk one, though not quite as boldly coloured - it's a lovely bright blue and black - and I like wearing it for business with modern black slim pants and black tailored jacket.

The Vintage Merchant likes this.