1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LIP TACK?? what is liptack MADEIN HONGKONG?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by DeCoDiVa, May 25, 2020.

1. DeCoDiVa

DeCoDiVa Registered Guest

Hi.. long time no ask.. This post hopes to find you all healthy and vintage wealthy in the time of COVID19

I have already googled the info I found on this blue
    {evidently silk (burn test revealed; slow flame- extinguished itself quickly - chicken feather smell -rather gritty ash)} selvedge info reads LIP TACK made in HONGKONG..
    There was one reference to the fabric at WORTHPOINT which I am not a member of.. any help would be appreciated .. its a rather remarkable, heavy satin-finish brocade silk.

BELOW is link to WORTHPOINT my fabric has the same font and info in the selvedge as this piece does.
    https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-fuchsia-silk-brocade-fabric-1819904405

2. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

It is apparently the name of a Hong Kong silk-weaving factory. The image is from a 1969 publication...
    LipTackWeavingFactory.jpg

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  3. DeCoDiVa

DeCoDiVa Registered Guest

What a wonderful gift.. Thank you so much... hope to return the favor someday.

lkranieri likes this.