1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mardi Modes label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by emilyanneweber, Jun 15, 2020.

1. emilyanneweber

emilyanneweber Registered Guest

Anyone familiar with Mardi Modes NY? I have a beaded peter-pan collar blouse that feels very 1940's/50's in a cold rayon type fabric but I can only find other items from the 1960's and beyond with their label. I see the same blouse in another color marked 1930's online but I'm not sure that's accurate. I've attached a photo of the tag, can provide photos of the blouse as well!

IMG_9842.jpg

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Yes please, let’s see the blouse!

emilyanneweber likes this.
  3. emilyanneweber

it's definitely not so drab/dirty looking in person - more of a sea foam color, but so gorgeous besides the beading flaws!

IMG_9848.jpg IMG_9849.jpg image.jpeg

Attached Files:

4. Nancylou

Nancylou Registered Guest

I see 50s. Early, but wait for some experts to chime in!

emilyanneweber and Retro Ruth like this.
  5. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

The earliest Mardi Modes ad I found was from 1950, although they may have been around before that. I found this 1954 ad for a Mardi Modes blouse that looks very much like yours. The text that accompanied the image stated: "...exquisite rayon tissue faille crepe. The collar lavishly covered with pearls and rimmed with brilliants and a shower (of?) beaded motifs at the bosom. Powder blue, white, navy, or pink. $10.95"

MardiModesBeadedCollar&BlouseAd1954.jpg

6. emilyanneweber

wow, incredible information! thank you SO much! sounds like this blouse to a T :)

lkranieri likes this.