1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Victoriana Blouse Label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Teisha, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Teisha

Teisha Registered Guest

Hello!

I need help dating this label 'Victoriana' of Canada blouse, as well as any information anyone has on this company.

Thanks so much,

Teisha

Attached Files:

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

1970s I believe.

Partly because of the style - 1970s romantic Victorian revival - and partly those multicoloured Canadian care symbols were mainly a 1970s thing.

Very nice blouse

Teisha likes this.
  3. Teisha

Teisha Registered Guest

1970's romantic Victorian revival! What a dreamy era. Thanks Ruth!

Teisha

Retro Ruth likes this.
  4. Retro Ruth

The sleeve style is called leg-o-mutton btw

Teisha likes this.
  5. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

THIS might be a resource for information about your Victoriana blouse, as you can see that even though your label is a bit different, the word Victoriana is the same.

EDITED TO ADD: When I went back to check this link, it did not take me to the exact page. Let me find it again.

Well, until I can get the exact URL, here is a screen print, which may be hard to read. I can email you the larger image if you send me your email address through a message to Inbox above.
    VictorianaCanadaTrademark.jpg

VictorianaTMLabelClose.jpg

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  6. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Very pretty. and if Leg O Mutton (which is a correct term) does not sound appealing these days, you can use the French term "Gigot" sleeve which sounds more romantic.

Retro Ruth and Teisha like this.
  7. Teisha

Teisha Registered Guest

Lovely! Thanks for the romantic touch!

Teisha

8. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I'm not sure if that is the same Victoriana Company, because the blouse looks older than 1988 to me. The coloured care symbols were in use from the early 70s until 2003, but that Victorian repro style blouse looks really early 80s to me. Is there a CA number on the label?

9. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Jonathan, this US trademark info has an even later start date, but that may be because this design is a later iteration of the OP's label. As I noted earlier, though, the word Victoriana is the same. Is there some Canadian number/info in the text that will help you find information for the OP?
    VictorianaUSTrademarkGazette.jpg

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  10. Retro Ruth

Interesting. I see them in the UK too, but only ever on 70s clothing . I didn't realise they'd gone on for so long in Canada.

11. Teisha

Teisha Registered Guest

Isn't it possible that you cannot find the information of the brand via the internet? There is no number on the garment that would link it to that company.

Teisha

12. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Because the script “Victoriana” is identical to the word on your label, I am comfortable with the assumption that it is by Victoria McFarlane. If you are not as comfortable attributing it to her, why not try searching for her on the internet and if you can find contact information for her, ask if your blouse is one of her designs.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  13. Retro Ruth

Yes the font is an exact match.

But it doesn't mean there wasn't an earlier version of the trademark, before the one Lynne has found. In my experience Trademark records aren't always complete.

Teisha likes this.