1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Óscar de la Renta blazer- authenticity help

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Camille Beaudoin, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Hey everyone! Looking for some guidance.
    Just bought a canary yellow Óscar de la Renta tweed blazer. Not sure if it’s authentic... is this $10.99 thrift store purchase too good to be true???

The picture on the mannequin is the same blazer sold on this site: https://leprix.com/shop/oscar-de-la-renta/jackets/yellow-oscar-de-la-renta-tweed-cropped-jacket

The picture of the tag is from the blazer I bought as are the pictures of the blazer on a hanger.

Shoulder pads are sturdy and intact. Hook closures all still sewed on. Some fraying at the end of the sleeves (see picture).

Any help would be great! Also if anyone can tell what year this is from I would love to know.

Thank you!!

Attached Files:

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to the forums. Please note, according to our forum rules, we cannot authenticate items here. From the look of it, I am guessing that it is modern and not vintage (meaning at least 20 years old).

3. You’re probably right (RE: vintage). Still would like to know people’s opinion on authenticity!

4. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

As already stated, we don't do that here. We don't authenticate, and we don't give opinions on authenticity (which is the same thing.)

Please read the forum rules.

On the dating, I'm trying to remember when that raw edges with tweed thing came in? But I think Karin is right that it was within the last 20 years, and so not vintage.