1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Tags:
  1. Lesales Dunworth

Lesales Dunworth Registered Guest

Hi everyone. Hoping someone can help me. I have a jacket that looks every bit like a Chanel but there a no labels. All the reading I’ve done matches up except no signature on the back of the lion head buttons and the lining is 6 panels.

Attached Files:

2. Hi Lesales, and welcome to the forums. We can't authenticate here but if you take it to an appraiser, she should be able to help. Chanel suits are much copied, both authorised and otherwise and photos can't give you the information that you need to assess authenticity.

Lesales Dunworth likes this.
  3. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Hi Lesales,

As Nicole said, we don’t authenticate here but I do want to note that I have had an Adolfo skirt suit with an extremely similar jacket.

4. Lesales Dunworth

5. Lesales Dunworth

Great advise. Thank you. It’s super cute so I love it in any case.

6. Lesales Dunworth

7. Lesales Dunworth

Thanks so much. I might see if I can find someone to do that, but love it either way. :)

8. Lesales Dunworth

9. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

I can save you a trip. Even though we can't authenticate, I can tell you it is not a Chanel.
    There is a white label sewn into a side seam so it isn't couture. There are many other elements that could be considered but once you see a white label, it's a waste of time.
    If it were ready-to-wear, the label would be machine stitched at the back neck.

This is a good guide for anyone.

10. nsweezie

nsweezie Registered Guest

Just adding quickly I have a very similar suit in navy and cream with the same buttons. It is a copy of a well known 1960’s Chanel suit made at Bergdorf Goodman’s- their label is present as well as a smaller label with the client’s name and date. It’s a wonderfully well made suit but not Chanel.