1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Date on these Bonwit Teller cork wedges

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by carla rey, Nov 17, 2020.

1. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member

Hi all!

I have these scalloped cork wedges with the cutest sombrero from the Philly Bonwit Teller that I am having a hard time with, I think they are mid century but which side? 50s or 60s?

ShoesStrawWEdgies-3529_RT.jpg ShoesStrawWEdgies-3530_RT.jpg ShoesStrawWEdgies-3531_RT.jpg ShoesStrawWEdgies-3532_RT.jpg ShoesStrawWEdgies-3533_RT.jpg ShoesStrawWEdgies-3534_RT.jpg

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Tell me, what do the soles look like?

carla rey likes this.
  3. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member

Soft leather with AA marking.
    ShoesStrawWEdgies-3536_RT.jpg

4. That was my first question. All of my 60s similar had plastic like soles. Really cute

carla rey likes this.
  5. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I *think* these are 60s too. I say this because of the sole and the sans serif Bonwit stamp.

6. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I think I NEED these shoes. What size are they? I see late 50s but 60s makes sense also.

carla rey likes this.
  7. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member

Hi Barbara!
    I have them listed in my shop now. No size listed but the measurements are there in the listing. They are super comfortable too!

8. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Yes, I would go with mid-late 1950s

carla rey likes this.
  9. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member

10. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Question. You say they measure 9 3/4" on the foot bed, and that they fit a size 8. I wear a 7 and my footbed is and always has been 9 3/4". So are these a 7 or an 8? I find foot measurements and sizes to be a bit all over the place online.

I really love these.

carla rey likes this.