1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is this style called?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Adamina, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Adamina

Adamina Registered Guest

I am absolutely in love with the look of this piece with the three ties at the front but I am struggling to find what the style of this piece is called,
    Thank you so much! 64560661-C9B2-4EA8-A9FF-0D512DF0EA3A.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  2. Blondzai

Blondzai Registered Guest

Someone else probably knows better than me but I would say this is a 40's one-piece playsuit

3. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

I agree. 1940's.
    Marian

4. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Agree, '40s playsuit. It's adorable. If it were longer it might have been a tennis dress.

EDITED:
    I just noticed the tennis racquet after Maggie posted that it's Rita Hayworth!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    Adamina likes this.
  5. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

I thought Adamina might be asking about a term for the tie front as opposed to the garment as a whole.

EDIT: And isn't that a very young Rita Hayworth?

Adamina and Blondzai like this.
  6. Blondzai

Its definitely Rita

7. Adamina

Adamina Registered Guest

Yes, that's what I'm asking about, thank you!

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  8. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Given that it's a tennis set, I would expect that's 3 faux ties over a zip closure. It would gap dreadfully in movement on the court otherwise, and also the way it lays shows no signs of the 'pull' one get with ties. If it were actually a working ties, I'd just call it a bodice with functional front tie closures.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  9. Blondzai

That's what I was thinking too. They are sewn into one side and they would either snap or hook and eye over the zipper to attach it to the other side