1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cimarron Cloth coat from London Fog

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Leslie_GGV, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Leslie_GGV

Leslie_GGV Registered Guest

Hello! I recently found a gorgeous London Fog coat that appears to be from the 70's (dagger collar and label indicate this). It's made from "cimarron cloth " a sueded rayon that has a velvet feel. I have researched the coat and the material many different ways but I can't find anything remotely similar or a mention of this material. Is anyone familiar with this coat?
    Thank you!
    Leslie

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

looks like what many in the 70s referred to as suede cloth, maybe that was London Fog's name for it, possibly. looks like a good looking coat, LF is always a good brand for outerwear.

Leslie_GGV likes this.
  3. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

This is from a 1973 ad. The text may be hard to read, but it says: “Cimarron cloth by London Fog in a suede finish with imitation sheepskin collar and lining throughout. Stadium length with zippered pockets, brass closures, in medium brown color.”

LondonFogimarronClothCoat1973.jpg

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  4. Leslie_GGV

Thank you Mary! I'll add that to my searches. I'd love to see another online just for reference etc. It's definitely a beauty and super warm. :)

5. Leslie_GGV

Oh my goodness! That's it! Thank you so much!