1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rébere of Mayfair London Label ID

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Joanne Walter, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Joanne Walter

Joanne Walter Registered Guest

I have no info nor can I find any on this label. Has anyone seen it or have any information on it? It's from a 50's coat I believe. But I need more info on the label to be sure.

Attached Files:

2. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Are there any other labels? Do you have any pictures of the entire item?

Joanne Walter likes this.
  3. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

I tried to look but wasn’t able to find anything. Lynne @lkranieri may be able to help

Joanne Walter likes this.
  4. Joanne Walter

Thank you for having a look. There are no other labels anywhere but here are some photo's of the entire garment. I've done a burn test, it is 100% wool.

Attached Files:

GemGem likes this.
  5. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Thank you for your (undeserved) suggestion I might be able to help. I saw the request earlier and tried to find anything at all about Rebere, but found nothing. Yesterday I searched again during the long drive to what will be our next house and I found only a few little bits about the label. In light of what little I found it seems the reason for the dearth of information may be due to the fact they were only in existence for a couple of years. I found nothing at all that gave any history of the business, but the first reference I found was in a 1957 ad:
    RebereLondonAd1957.jpg

I then found a few 1958 ads, all similar:

RebereLondonAd1958.jpg
    and, finally, this 1959 ad advertising a deep discount on Rebere items, which suggested to me the line was being discontinued and/or going out of business:
    RebereLondonAd1959.jpg
    The only other thing I found was this undated reference to a Rebere ballgown. I don't subscribe to Invaluable, so I was not able to see more detail about the gown:
    RebereBallgown.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    Vintagiality and GemGem like this.
  6. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Well, having just posted the above, I made one last stab at the search and found a 1952 reference to Rebere:

RebereOfMayfairAd1952.jpg

and a 1953 skirt ad:

RebereSkirtCroppedAd1953.jpg

Vintagiality and GemGem like this.
  7. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Gosh you are a true sleuther! So impressed :)

lkranieri likes this.
  8. Joanne Walter

I am so grateful! Thank you so much. I absolutely searched my butt off for something, anything but no luck. So I’m quite comfortable now with my dating and that the label is legit.
    Thank you!

lkranieri likes this.