1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are You New--Please Introduce Yourselves!! 2017

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by pinky-a-gogo, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnnetteMFP

AnnetteMFP Registered Guest

Hello,

I've recently started collecting vintage costume jewelry, and I enjoy reading about vintage clothing and accessories. I'd like to learn more about fashion history and would love to see photos of others' collections. I'm also looking for tips on photographing my pieces.

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  2. DawnB

DawnB Registered Guest

Hello,
    My name is Dawn. I was just trying to find out a little more about a jacket/coat I picked up at a thrift store about 10 years ago. I found it very interesting and have never been able to find much information on it. I stumbled across this website this morning and thought maybe so!meone here could give me a little insight. Next I have to figure out how to post a few picture of it, lol
    Thanks in advance for any help!

3. Katee

Katee Registered Guest

Hello & Cheers!

My name is Kate .. and needless to say, I love, admire, and appreciate vintage clothes, shoes, gloves, etc. etc. What a work of art so many of past designs/designers have given to the fashion world. This is a great resource for all of the great fashions. Just love to look at and find information and finding some answers to questions that I have about "my stuff" .

If anyone can give me "bio" information on Germaine Montabert, I would appreciate it. I have searched online and have found nothing about her life. Have a great hat designed by her, but no information on Germaine herself.

Thank you for this great site.

Katee

4. Oh Flossie

Oh Flossie Registered Guest

Hi Everyone!

My name is Patty and I love Vintage Fashion! I am a seamstress and do alterations and repairs to vintage garments. My favorite vintage fashions are from the 30's through the '50's. I am obsessed with the golden age of Hollywood costumes. I'm looking forward to meeting like minded people to share my love of vintage.

5. julia m

julia m Registered Guest

My name is Julia from the Dominican Republic, currently living in the Northeast of the island (Las Terrenas) where I am an entrepreneur. Since a teenager I developed the interest of second-hand clothing, where I found out then it could be vintage. I have lived in five different countries mostly in Europe and there my passion for vintage clothes grown. In August i will venture to open my virtual vintage & retro garment store. In DR is very limited where i can get high fashion garments. I will give it a try and curate my selection and share my passion with others here and worldwide. I hope i can meet other people, learn and expand my network.

6. Curious Penny

Curious Penny Registered Guest

Hello everyone! My name is Kay & I live & work in Glasgow, Scotland. Having read you introductory posts, I am most certainly the novice who can learn from your wealth of vintage fashion expertise! By day I am a community psychiatric nurse. I have started to collect some vintage pieces & enjoying the thrill of the hunt. Keen to learn more & follow discussions around vintage clothing, with view to having you help me date some of my more conspicuous finds! Thanks guys

7. CissyStrut

CissyStrut Registered Guest

Hello Vintage enthusiasts! My name is Roxanne. I’m a keen dressmaker and dress collector. I’ve been looking for a Vintage fashion resource which can help educate me on specific brands, materials and styles so that I can date my own vintage wardrobe.

My most loved period in vintage fashion is late 50s, early 60s.

Aside from my own personal development, I would also like to be more confident when dating items I sell online.

Can’t wait to join the conversation. Thank you for having me!

8. Nichole

Nichole Registered Guest

Hi there,
    My name is Nichole and I run a little shop on Etsy. Vintage is my passion.

Attached Files:

9. Knockout Hideout

Knockout Hideout Registered Guest

Hello! My name is Lindsey, and I am a full-time reseller of vintage goods. I've recently started getting into fashion, so I am trying to build my knowledge base and connect with others. I am incredibly thankful to have found this group! I look forward to connecting here and getting to know everyone. Hopefully I will be a valuable resource as well in the future. Thank you!

10. StitchesandSnags

StitchesandSnags Registered Guest

Hi everyone! I'm Elle from Canada. I'm currently entering my first year of university. I am fond of clothing and accessories from the 1960s/1970s/1980s. I look forward to spending more time on this lovely forum.

11. wickedchickenvintage

wickedchickenvintage Registered Guest

Hi to everyone! I'm Robin and have just recently came back to vintage clothing. The vintage fairies called me back . I have sold for years on various sites , but recently jumped into my own website. I have always had a passion for all things vintage. I look forward to learning more from this great resource of wonderful knowledge.

12. Elaine fitzpatrick

Elaine fitzpatrick Registered Guest

Hi I'm Elaine and new here. I'm 57 and have a passion for vintage items. My mother loved old Hollywood and bought and owned a lot of fabulous fashionable clothing and accessories. This continued through to the 70's.

Through her I have a love for those golden era's.

Sadly and regrettably I have kept very few of her fabulous things.

My favourite items are clothing, accessories especially scarves and costume jewellery.

13. Anna Griffin

Anna Griffin Registered Guest

Hi my name is Anna, thank you for allowing me to join this group. My mother was a costume designer, and we have been collecting clothes since the 1970's. We are in Australia. Looking to research certain pieces. I will post and ask about here on this site. Thank you. Anna xxx

14. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

15. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Hi Anna, definitely looking forward to seeing items from your collection!

16. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Hi Anna,

Welcome! Your collection sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see what you have.

17. INVINTAGEV

INVINTAGEV VFG Member

Welcome!!!

18. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Welcome to the VFG site, Anna.

19. Pat Leverett

Pat Leverett Registered Guest

Hi, I'm Pat. Just starting out and I am so happy to find this site. It is hard for me to know if clothing is vintage or not. Thanks for the site.

20. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Looking forward to seeing all our new guests and hope we can help you all out when you decide to post and ask about your finds!
    Just go back to the 1st post in this thread to see the links as to where you need to go to actually post your items in our forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.