1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fur help again - just confused

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Joanne, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Joanne

Joanne Alumni

I need help with fur again, pleeeaase. I have three pieces. Furwise helped me identify the first as marmot a few weeks ago. The other two pieces are different and I have been through the photos in the Fur Resource again but no clue. I would love some help with the other two garments. The first is a capelet (I guess). It is quite thick woolly fur. The second stole is very soft fur, much softer than the marmot. I know it's hard to go from pics, that's my problem, but I would be interested in people's opinions.

Attached Files:

2. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Hi Joanne,

Can you please show me a back photo of wrap(1st one) and look at the base of the fur to see what the root color looks like?

Can you please show me a full photo of the front and the back of the stole, the second one?

3. Joanne

Joanne Alumni

More photos. The short one is woolly with longer guard hairs. The fur is the same color at the root. I have dated the longer one to early 50s or late 40s from the label.

Attached Files:

4. peaceful vintage

Thank for those additional photos. The longer stole is Russian squirrel and it does date to the 40s. You could use the keywords stole and cape for this one.

I can't tell what the other one is. The guard hair looks a bit worn in areas and I cannot see the pelt definition so it's hard. My opinion would be to list it as genuine fur. You want to use wedding as a keyword for this one too because it's a wrap style that could be worn at a wedding. Wrap, stole, and cape are all keywords that might be searched to find a style like this. It appears to date to the 60s as well.

5. Joanne

Joanne Alumni

6. Acallahan

Acallahan Registered Guest

Can someone help me identify this coat? There are no labels. I think it's mink. Thank you.

Attached Files:

7. peaceful vintage

Hi there, I can help you with it, no problem but here's what I'd like you to do. Create your own thread asking the question and add your photos again because if someone else needs help they might stumble upon your question and find it helpful.
    Your coat is really pretty too. :)

Just in case you don't know how the post a new thread option is just to the right above the threads.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017