1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Thrift Finds.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by StitchesandSnags, Jul 21, 2017.

1. StitchesandSnags

StitchesandSnags Registered Guest

Greetings everyone! I go thrifting around three times a week. I'm a reseller in a variety of senses and I quit my run-of-the-mill part time job to pursue this unconventiona way of life. I feel happy and fulfilled. Whenever I find something new I'll post it in here. If any of my dates are incorrect please don't hesitate to correct me as I'm still learning. Enjoy!

Retro Ruth likes this.
  2. StitchesandSnags

Yesterday I went to three Value Villages and one Goodwill. I've gotten into the habit of walking down a stretch of clothing and picking out anything that catches my eye.

1960s beaded purse. I have a soft spot for beaded purses and I don't know why. I find them so intricate yet basic.

1950s purse. When I found this on the rack I instantly recalled seeing a similar model in a book. This is it:

Attached Files:

3. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

The duck purse is adorable!

4. StitchesandSnags

Thank you. I found it a while back and decided not to sell. There's two duck patternson it.

5. StitchesandSnags

I found the most alarming piece yesterday... This Moschino skirt from the 1990s with tags... I'm tempted to keep it for myself or give it to my local textile museum.

Attached Files: