1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dating beaded dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Aimee, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Aimee

Aimee Registered Guest

any help dating this piece would be appreciated. i'm thinking 1920s / 30's but can't put my finger on it. also, can anyone tell what material? it feels like chiffon? thank you!

flapper dress_0000_Layer 1.jpg
    flapper dress_0016_Layer 19.jpg flapper dress_0015_Layer 18.jpg flapper dress_0013_Layer 9.jpg flapper dress_0008_Layer 8.jpg flapper dress_0005_Layer 13.jpg flapper dress_0006_Layer 14.jpg flapper dress_0004_Layer 11.jpg flapper dress_0003_Layer 12.jpg flapper dress_0002_Layer 10.jpg

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Definitely 1920s and GORGEOUS! It looks like a silk chiffon.

3. StitchesandSnags

StitchesandSnags Registered Guest

That is so 1920s my soul hurts. Is the beading still intact?

4. Aimee

Aimee Registered Guest

thank you for your help! there are some areas of loss, but for the most part all of the beading is intact

StitchesandSnags likes this.
  5. StitchesandSnags

StitchesandSnags Registered Guest

Thank goodness! What a marvellous representation of the 1920s.

6. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

That's a beautiful dress, very much in the Art Deco style.
    That tabard over under dress style is most likely early to middle 20s, say 1922 - 1925 ish, although others here can narrow it down more for you. The snap closures would go on the left. It could be silk or rayon chiffon, and the under dress might be silk crepe de chine, but I'd have to see and feel it.

7. Vintage.California.Rose

Vintage.California.Rose Registered Guest

Very beautiful and yes, very 1920's. What a find!

8. Aimee

Aimee Registered Guest

Thank you so much for your help!