1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are You New--Please Introduce Yourselves!! 2017

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by pinky-a-gogo, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heather D Hasman

Heather D Hasman Registered Guest

Hi,
    My name is Heather (edited by admin) I am super excited to have The Vintage Fashion Guild as another resource for my shop and love of all things vintage!

2. Mary More

Mary More Registered Guest

3. sarushka

sarushka Registered Guest

hi :) i like vintage and every now and then "borrow" something from my grandma :D and thrift stores of course!

I also recenlty helped my friend with her vintage store.

Edited by administrators

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2017
    Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  4. Vintage.California.Rose

Vintage.California.Rose Registered Guest

I'm Rose and I love vintage fashion. I always have -- and I used to wear it a lot in junior high but gave it up to try to be "cool" like a total idiot. I'm just now learning to be true to myself and have the confidence that my 12-year-old self had, in my late 20's. *shakes head*

Link removed by Admin. Please read posting rules. Thank you.

5. lizaanne

lizaanne Registered Guest

Hello All
    My name is Liza (sounds like Lee-zah) -- I am named after Elizabeth Taylor, but my name is not Elizabeth --- just Liza.

My mother and I have a life long love of all things beautiful and old. She taught me early on to appreciate lovely old things, and find the beauty in what came before us. I live in a charming little 1950s bungalow, and I love to collect and sell clothing, kitchenware, and all sorts of things from the 1960s and earlier. I have a shop on Etsy called KitschyBits. I am really looking forward to the forum!

Thank you!
    Liza

6. Evelyne Gichingiri

Evelyne Gichingiri Registered Guest

Hello!

My name is Evelyne. I grew up in Los Angeles but now live in Nashville, TN. I studied fashion design in college and have always had a profound love for fashion. I'm inspired by vintage clothing and love the attention to detail that is found in them. You simply don't see that in mass produced clothing! As Nashville doesn't have many resources for learning more about vintage as a study I chose to come here! Thank all of you in advance for the conversations I'm sure we'll have!

Ev <3

7. Moira Griffin

Moira Griffin Registered Guest

Hi there,

I'm Moira! Nice to meet you all :) I'm on the hunt for Hungarian Embroidered Peasant Blouses, smocking on the waist and neck, and embroidery! Very thin material, and the shorter cropped kind! Please let me know if you have one :) Thank you xxxxxxxx

8. Cindy2017

Cindy2017 Registered Guest

hello, welcome

9. Elizabeth Hayden

Elizabeth Hayden Registered Guest

My name is Elizabeth I am a creative writing student (MFA) taking Play Writing this semester. I have a play set in 1919. I am wondering if it would be at all plausible for a college girl to wear trousers (Only briefly traveling on the train to her home covered by a long coat of that ere.) I have no idea who to reach out to with this question. Thank you if you are able to respond.

I have no idea which other forum to post this to,

10. Gumdrop

Gumdrop Registered Guest

Hi! I'm Maria! I'm new here, I'm still learning about vintage fashion! Most of my stuff comes from goodwill

11. 24quad6s

24quad6s Registered Guest

hi i'm new here i shop alot on ebay mostly for glasses and jackets anyone else do ebay for vintage stuff?

12. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Hello MOIRA - why don't you post your request here - so that everyone will see it.

https://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/forums/public-most-wanted-looking-for-something.44/

13. mirandatx

mirandatx Registered Guest

Hey there, my name is Miranda. I love finding interesting things and piecing together their history. This site kept coming up during research, so I wanted to register and give a proper hello! :)
    My latest project is pretty fun - my mother gave me tons of shoes, clothing, and jewelry that had belonged to my "Air Force Fashionista" grandmother. Her intense style always impressed (and intimidated) me - think Joan Crawford on a farm - so it's been amazing finding out more about her life through her collections.

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  14. amandainvermont

We would LOVE to see photos of some of your grandmother's clothes.

15. acmebabyco

acmebabyco Registered Guest

Hello. My name is Amy and I have been creating vintage-style and vintage inspired clothing (mostly baby's) for about 15 years. I recently acquired an old baby mannequin I wanted to find out if I can get a date for.

I also collect vintage clothing for myself, and love the 40s in particular. I am especially fond of swing coats and Pendleton. I have a modest collection of patterns (adults and children's) as well as old sewing instruction books, and wish I could sew more for myself than I do.

16. Hana Celine

Hana Celine Registered Guest

Hi I’m Hana, i’m a college student and Etsy owner. I love vintage and retro things.

Link removed by Admin.

17. petey

petey Registered Guest

Greetings from Vt>>> forget I had this unusual blanket [to me] and decided to look here for info. Lovely spot!

18. amandainvermont

Hey Petey! We have a few members from Vermont (as you can see by my name).

19. Kimberlyykaye

Kimberlyykaye Registered Guest

Hi, my name is Kimberly I’m a collector of all things vintage really.

20. Anomis

Anomis Registered Guest

Hello, Merry Xmas, Ho Ho Ho. I live in NYC, where I operate a small vintage shop. My partner and I have a considerable stock of vintage clothing- men’s and women’s*, and we are looking to find buyers who are interested in acquiring merchandise for their stores. We already sell to buyers from Japan and the US, however, new (local) connections are more than welcome. (*30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, high end contemporary.) We can sell as a one time thing, or supply on a regular basis. If you have an online store and would like to sell for us on commission- please do not hesitate to holler. :) We are open to any kind of lucrative collaboration!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.