1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rock that frock

Rock that frock Registered Guest

image.jpeg Hello,

I recently purchased a letterman cardi. It's a cable knit cream color by Hanson 100% virgin wool.
    It has this letter on the left side and on each patch pocket there is a 19 on one and the other has a 68.
    Looks to be a basketball on the letter H. Can anyone tell me more about the letter?

Thank you,
    Joanne

2. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Great piece - I always pick up letter sweaters when I see them?

The H is probably the first letter of the high school. I'm not sure what the "East" would refer to.

Rock that frock likes this.
  3. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Did you acquire that in Connecticut? I don't know how accurate this might be but there's a school named East Hartford High School and their mascot is the hornet.

Their school colors are now gold and black but their colors used to be blue and white.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Hartford_High_School

I saw an old shirt photo from 1968 that said EH but could not find one that said East H. The variation definitely could have existed though.

Rock that frock likes this.
  4. Rock that frock

Hi Caryn,

I did get this sweater in Newington,CT. That makes perfect sense to me, I was thinking East Hartford myself. At least with those letters it was the only thing I could think of. Thank you once again for your sage wisdom! xx

Joanne~

5. Rock that frock

Thank you Susan!