1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Hi all,

I acquired a pretty large collection of hats and I am only venturing into these for the first time. I reviewed the hat resource in detail but I am hoping for some input to identify the names of hat styles as well as dating. I see elements of pillbox, skull cap, toy hat, and tilt hats and sometimes they seem to not be mutual exclusive at least not to the untrained eye I guess. Also, I think these are 50s/60s. Is that true? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Victoria
    IMG_2772.JPG IMG_2781.JPG IMG_2791.JPG IMG_2797.JPG IMG_2805.JPG IMG_2819.JPG IMG_2824.JPG IMG_2831.JPG IMG_2843.JPG IMG_2848.JPG IMG_2856.JPG IMG_2865.JPG IMG_2874.JPG IMG_2884.JPG IMG_2891.JPG IMG_2900.JPG IMG_2911.JPG

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

wow, what a wonderful score, Victoria!!

you've got an array of eras, looks like. i'm sure our hat experts will be by to help you out!

3. Vintagiality

Thank you Mary! These are about half of the whole collection and I just couldn’t resist even though I don’t specialize in hats. They are so pretty.

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  4. Vintagiality

Any hat experts willing to weigh in?

Thank you

5. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

sometimes on the weekends our members are out and about instead of online...i'm sure someone will swing by for you eventually, Victoria. :)

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

That is a fine collection! I love the second one with the striped trim, is that straw and felt?

It looks to me like you have a variety of decades here from the 40s through to the 80s. The 5th one is the one that looks 80s to me but it's difficult to know for sure without handling it.

Are there any labels to show us, that often helps with the dating.

I am sure our resident hat expert will chime in.