1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Dresses Help.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Linda S., May 23, 2018.

1. Linda S.

Linda S. Registered Guest

I purchased these dresses at a rummage sale last weekend. I was amazed at all the work that was put into them. Layers and layers of netting, taffeta, tulle. They look homemade and only 2 have labels, but not makers labels. They are small white labels sewed into the side that just have the "style" # and Size (5). I have no idea what year these are from or what they were worn for....bridesmaid, prom, cocktail? Any help would be appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Alleycats

Alleycats VFG Member

Beautiful dresses. I would say all were prom or school dance and the very early 1960's. The yellow one looks like the middle to later 60's. Good find.

3. Agree with Chris: lovely dresses, early '60s. I think you're right in that some of them are prom, cocktail, bridesmaid. You could also call them party or evening dresses.

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Lovely finds, my fave is the white one. I agree with early 60s and a little later 60s for the full length one.