1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed dating blouse

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Lulu Poppins, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Lulu Poppins

Lulu Poppins Registered Guest

Hi,
    I am not sure which this blouse decade might be. think of 80s but maybe is some decade before?
    But I don't have experience before 70s, so, better to ask.

Thanks

Attached Files:

• v1.JPG
      v1.JPG
      File size:
      56.8 KB
      Views:
    • v2.JPG
      v2.JPG
      File size:
      42.3 KB
      Views:
    • v3.JPG
      v3.JPG
      File size:
      74 KB
      Views:
    • v4.JPG
      v4.JPG
      File size:
      46 KB
      Views:
    • v5.JPG
      v5.JPG
      File size:
      44.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Chiquita

Chiquita Registered Guest

Hi Lulu,

Still trying to navigate and learn about vintage. Did a trademark search and found this. Don't know if they made garments before date listed below. Hope this helps a tad.

[​IMG]
    Word Mark MAURICE ABOT
    Goods and Services
    (ABANDONED) IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: men's, women's and children's clothing, namely, dresses, jackets, coats, trousers, vests, skirts, knitwear, namely, sweaters, sportswear, namely, jackets, overalls, leisure wear, namely, shorts, t-shirts, shirts, undershirts, blouses, raincoats, swimsuits, bathing suits, foulards; ties; gloves; headgear, namely, hats, scarves and caps; shoes, slippers, sandals, boots
    Standard Characters Claimed
    Mark Drawing Code
    (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
    Serial Number 76574259
    Filing Date February 6, 2004
    Current Basis 1B
    Original Filing Basis 1B
    Published for Opposition May 24, 2005
    Owner (APPLICANT) Imatex S.p.A. CORPORATION ITALY Via Parmenide, 2 41012 Carpi (MO) ITALY
    Attorney of Record Michael A. Grow
    Type of Mark TRADEMARK
    Register PRINCIPAL
    Other Data MAURICE ABOT does not identify a particular living individual.
    Live/Dead Indicator DEAD
    Abandonment Date February 17, 2006

Lulu Poppins likes this.
  3. Lulu Poppins

Hi Chiquita.
    Thanks for your answer. So it seems it isn't Vintage, right?
    I still don't understand well enough the trade mark webs.
    Would need to Find some in Spanish, I Think.
    If it isn't Vintage, I'll keep it for me.
    I thought it was, maybe not....
    Thanks

4. Chiquita

I don't think it's vintage. I am new to all this too and I've bought items I thought were vintage and when I researched I discovered they were recent items. I am seeing a lot of new garments that are vintage-styled...copying older styles. Is it possible that the garment may have been made earlier but the trademark was registered later? I wonder if someone can weigh in about trademarks. That would help out! . Let me know if you ever need help with trademark search. Will help out however I can. Learning as I go

Lulu Poppins likes this.
  5. Definitely vintage - . It appears to be an Italian company. Are there any other labels on the blouse such as fabric or care symbols?

Chiquita and Lulu Poppins like this.
  6. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I have been confused by having companies in the same name reappear in different eras before - so I think the Maurice Abot you fount was a different one from the blouse. The blouse looks pretty typical of mid 50s to early 60s - the sort of thing I would expect to see a teenager wear with a full 'poodle' skirt and flats.

Chiquita and Lulu Poppins like this.
  7. Lulu Poppins

Thanks, Jonathan, I was thinking it might be of an earlier era than 80s and 70s but it was risky to say as I don't have very few experience with clothing before 70s. But the label looks old too...
    I don't have any more pictures now but I looked composition and it's made of linen and cotton.

8. Lulu Poppins

Hi Déborah!

I found the composition and it's linen and c0tton but I am not able to take a picture now.
    Thanks so much!

9. Lulu Poppins

Hi Chiquita, I am not soooo new on vintage clothing... But I have not experience with clothing before 70s and I'm usually quite prudent.
    And I like to ask a lot because I don't want to fail on the listings in my shop.
    Thanks for your search, anyway!

Chiquita likes this.
  10. Chiquita

No problem. That is pretty neat. Didn't know they reuse the names. Good info to know. Thanks all. Definitely learning. I am totally new to vintage

Lulu Poppins likes this.
  11. Chiquita

I am going to reevaluate some things I bought that discounted as vintage initially.

Lulu Poppins likes this.
  12. Lulu Poppins

I didn't know neither! And when I look to trade Mark webs all what I get is si technical vocabulary I don't understand... Because I am Spanish.
    And translators doesn't work very well on those.
    I will keep trying, though.
    Sincerely thanks for looking it for me!

13. Lulu Poppins

that's a good idea. I thought the same when you post that you have some clothes that look Vintage but they aren't. Maybe some of them are :)