1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage blankets. Jacket and hoodie.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by lindapoirier, Aug 9, 2017.

1. lindapoirier

lindapoirier Guest

III

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2020
  2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Linda,

I love that jacket with the fur collar. Is the blanket wool, or is it some other fabric/fiber? The pattern on the back looks more Art Nouveau to 1920s era, at least to me.

StitchesandSnags likes this.
  3. StitchesandSnags

StitchesandSnags Registered Guest

When I saw that jacket my heart skipped a beat. I also see Art Nouveau 1920s.

4. They are both great!!! As an avid camper, my heart is pulled to that amazing Hudson Bay hoodie! I own such a blanket with 2 holes in it and still use it on our bed in winter. But .... now I'm thinking!!

5. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

I think the dragon buttons will show up more -- but lovely choice, either way. Looking forward to seeing it with the scarf!

6. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

I vote for celluloid dragons - the celluloid is close enough to the blanket color that the dragons Pop.

7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I like the dragons!

Just by coincidence we just listed this celluloid cloak button, the colors remind me of the colors in your jacket.

Art-Deco-Celluloid-Cloak-Clasp-Branch-Pattern.jpg

8. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

9. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

10. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member