1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help to identify and date the fur, is it mink or sable?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by amanda718, Oct 17, 2018.

?

fur identify

1. sable

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. mink

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. amanda718

amanda718 Registered Guest

3381539681427_.pic.jpg 86001539774724_.pic.jpg 85991539774628_.pic_hd.jpg 1021539816931_.pic.jpg 1031539816931_.pic.jpg

i found this fur in paris, its full length , very soft, i would say quite light too.
    i like to know is it sable or mink? because it is very furry too and you can see some silver fur in it.

thank you !

Attached Files:

2. amanda718

the first few pics were taken under day light, the last 2 pics were taken in the evening. it is dark brown color

3. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Hi there,

Your fur is mink paws and your coat dates somewhere around the early 80s.

4. amanda718

cool!! thank you!

peaceful vintage likes this.
  5. Allison Bonner

Allison Bonner Registered Guest

Caryn,
    How do you know that? I'm amazed! Can you do the same magic for me and tell me what kind of fur this coat is? I found a gorgeous 'fur' coat today but can't tell whether it is real fur or not. It is lovely and so silky and soft, it's hard to believe it is not real. The only tag reads "Marshall Field and Company". How do i know whether it is real or not. Does any know whether Marshall Fields would have made faux fur coats? Also, how do I estimate the age of a fur coat?

Attached Files:

peaceful vintage likes this.