1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted: 1950s/1960s Ladybug & Villager clothing and accessories

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by beebee171, Feb 11, 2015.

1. beebee171

beebee171 Registered Guest

Hi there! So sorry for the late reply!! Loved reading your story! Thank you so much! I have since acquired a few pins, but thank you so so much for offering. That is so kind of you!!!

2. Brooke Loveless

Brooke Loveless Registered Guest

I have several Ladybug coats that I acquired last year but they are definitely a juniors size. If you were interested I could post pics, just lmk :)

beebee171 likes this.
  3. beebee171

I'd love to see them!! :) thank you!!

4. MWNTN

MWNTN Registered Guest

I'm hoping to track down a Ladybug pin as a Christmas gift for my mother. She could not afford to wear Ladybug clothing when she was in high school (her mother handmade most of her clothes), and she still talks about the longing. I'm contacting GulfGirl, who posted a few months ago that she had some, but if you have one you're willing to part with, or know where I can find one online, I'm all ears! Thank you!

5. Trish

Trish Registered Guest

I have a red sweater vest from The Villager (EDIT: size large) that's been to the dry cleaner's. I'm a guest here, so I can't post links to my shop, but if you message me privately, I'll send you the link!
    Trish

6. I have some Villager items....can't remember exactly what at this moment. I wore Villager back in the 60s and even had a small dress form pin that was put out by Villager. Think I still have that! And, I remember Ladybug, too! Will have to check and see what I do have and post photos. I love the photos of members in Villager....brings back good memories!:)

7. SuburbanSquare

SuburbanSquare Registered Guest

I am your mother, too!
    If you can get hold of a Lower Merion High School (Ardmore, Pa.) yearbook (or probably other yearbooks) from the 1960s, every girl you see will be dressed in Villager, Ladybug, or John Meyer of Norwich. Bass Weejuns penny loafers, and the sweater and skirt and knee socks dyed to match. A circle pin with monogram (the best were from P. J. Giannini Jewelers in Wynnewood!).

8. SuburbanSquare

SuburbanSquare Registered Guest

9. Petronella

Petronella Registered Guest

My blouses are very fragile from age, although still look good. If you want the LOOK and quality if this style blouse, they are beginning to show up because of demand, although not made in America. Check out LLBean online, I purchased several last summer and was impressed. It's hard to find pure cotton, and even today's "pure cotton" does not feel like it did in the 1960s, like it's been chemically treated to have more strength. Good luck with your search.
    Petronella

10. I just picked up this pretty blouse today. I love the little tag where you can write your name in!

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

11. Jill

Jill Registered Guest

I wore ladybug and villager clothes. I loved them! If I find any packed away, I will let you know.

beebee171 likes this.
  12. beebee171

Thank you so much!

13. HeatherP

HeatherP Registered Guest

Hope you can see it- This is a sign that my Grandmother gave me when I was young. She was the manager of a ladies clothing store in the 60-70's. This hung over the juniors department. She retired and was able to take this with her, and I have had it ever since. It is not for sale or anything, but I wanted to show it to you~ Heather

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  14. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

I see it. How cute and what a wonderful treasure for you.

I still have the Villager Jacket.

15. PMintheAM

PMintheAM Registered Guest

Hello-if you are still interested in an Original Ladybug Wool Child's bathrobe from the 1960's I have one! It was mine!! Great Condition. Please let me know.

16. frenchcurveball

frenchcurveball Registered Guest

Hi, I just found this forum as I was searching for Ladybug pins for my mom. We were on a long drive together for the first time in a long time this weekend and we were talking about how she used to make most of her clothes, but the one item she really wanted and couldn't afford was a Ladybug shirt that had the cute stick pin. I would love to surprise her with one if I can find it. If you still have any, would you consider selling one? Thank you!

17. Vintage Runway

Vintage Runway VFG Member

I have some Villager Bermuda shorts if you are interested.

18. Utopia

Utopia Registered Guest

So glad to have stumbled across these posts while researching about Ladybug. I just returned from an estate sale with a very cool pair of pink gingham Ladybug shorts. They were still on the original hanger paired with an unworn McMullen white blouse with peter pan collar! Tags on. Size 3, and so tiny. Now I know it was a junior line.

19. Stephanie Blackwood

Stephanie Blackwood Registered Guest

I have this

Attached Files:

20. Stephanie Blackwood

Stephanie Blackwood Registered Guest

Attached Files: