1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please Introduce Yourself Here 2018

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by pinky-a-gogo, Apr 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MMA Vintage

MMA Vintage Registered Guest

Hello Everyone,
    Monique from Charlotte, NC, here. My affair with vintage has waxed and waned over the years and was initially inspired by the third floor of my grandmother's house with its closets full of suits (for men and women) , dresses, gloves, hats, shoes, purses, and hosiery from an earlier time. The affair was rekindled via fascinating textile and historic costume appraisal classes which opened my eyes to the breadth of scholarship involved in textiles, personal ornamentation, and dress. I plan to open a vintage site on Etsy and am looking forward to meeting people in the VFG community.

2. Mark Thomas

Mark Thomas Registered Guest

Hi everyone, I'm in Victoria, Australia and have been collecting vintage fashion for about 6 years now. I have always been a collector of everyday examples of design from the 40s - 70s and began concentrating on fashion to try and get my wife interested in the collection. This wasn't really successful but I became hooked on vintage fashion and fabric design and now would have close to 1000 pieces. I hope to share my collection with you all on here and hopefully create a record of the everyday Australian fashion labels, fabrics and designs from the 40s through to the 70s.

3. bearmom465

bearmom465 Registered Guest

Hi, my name is Bearmom465 (aka Penny) and I live in Michigan.....and I joined this forum because a friend of mine gave me his mother's furs to sell for him and I need help identifying them. He gave me a list of what a furrier told him they were, but the list doesn't line up with the furs I have, so I was hoping to get some help on here, if this 61 year old lady can figure out the forums and website, and how to post pictures and then find the answers when someone gives them!!

4. arunava

arunava Registered Guest

Hi, I am from Bangladesh . I have interest in Leather ,Fur, Leather Garments, Labels, Vintage articles and Old culture . I found this forum very informative and helpful . There are many experts here who are very friendly. From their comments and discussions I am learning a lot.
    Thanks and regards.

5. MsMaisy

MsMaisy Registered Guest

Hello everyone! Just found this site! I love all ( most) things vintage, especially clothes!! Looking forward to checking everything out!

6. arunava

arunava Registered Guest

Hello, I have posted a query regarding a Suede coat with fur collar that having a hand signed label. I will be very glad if the experts say their opinion on the post. Thanks and regards.

Divadezines likes this.
  7. Elise Apffel

Elise Apffel Registered Guest

Hello! Just registered today :)

My name is Elise and I moonlight selling vintage, as well as finding unique pieces for my own private collection that I loan out for styling/photoshoots/events. I love discovering "new" vintage designers, pieces, fabric, etc. I was thrilled to find this forum, and I can't wait to learn from all these amazing people!

Links removed by Admin. Please read posting rules.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2019
  8. FurBaby

FurBaby Registered Guest

Hi! I registered 3 days ago!
    I just found this great site by chance! I'm just getting into vintage furs.

9. saintsvintage

saintsvintage Registered Guest

Hi, my name is Jaime, just registered. Been selling vintage everything on ebay for over 20 yrs. I am now mainly doing costume jewelry, clothing, bags, and hats. Can you post about costume jewelry here? Thanks!

10. Divadezines

Divadezines Registered Guest

Hello, Denise is my name & I have just registered. I live in Brisbane. I found this site in a book on Fashion Design. it was recommended as a great recourse. So here I am. Have read all your posts, now I am going back to take a look at your wonderful work. Thank you.

11. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

You can definitely post about costume jewelry here. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.