1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I cannot sleep.....

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by torontogal, Jan 15, 2019.

1. torontogal

torontogal Registered Guest

Hi everyone and thanks for reading this as I cannot sleep. I found a very early sweater by Emilio Pucci. It is definitely 1950's and my hope would be that it might even be from his first collection for Lord and Taylor in 1949. This is what is keeping me awake as I cannot find any early sweaters by him. I have also been looking for advertisements and not finding much. The label is similar to the second and third one shown under his name in your resource page but my label has Made in Italy at the top. It is olive green with a lime green border at the neckline, waistband and cuffs. A very fine wool fabric.

Any help on the best place to look and find this piece is very greatly appreciated!!

2. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Welcome fellow insomniac!

I haven't been able to find anything either, but I think I speak for all of us that we'd love to see a photo of the sweater.

themerchantsofvintage likes this.
  3. torontogal

Attached Files:

4. torontogal

I went back today hoping I might find a matching skirt!
    I called it a sweater in my sleep deprived state but it is really a long sleeve knit. It is in very good condition! Beautiful and an amazing score!!
    Thank you!!

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I cannot be certain but I think this may have been a part of his ski wear line. One of our members, Midge, posted about this. You should probably go back and see if you can find ski pants that match.

I had these ski pants which I sold a number of years ago. They were more like the Pucci patterns we are used to seeing.

PucciPantsvfg.jpg

GemGem likes this.
  6. torontogal

Thanks for the info!!

Here is what I have found -
    I found the exact same label on a beach play suit. The site didn't show the play suit but said it was from 1955. The author was researching and can be found here-
    http://www.interdisciplinaryitaly.org/textile-fashion-production-italy-1945-1985/

I found a dress that is cut the same way as my top. The waist is very tiny and extends outward and upwards toward the sleeves but this dress
    had a completely different label.

My shirt has no stretch.

I have learned that he made shorts too!

Guess I am going to have stop into "my place" tomorrow and check everywhere!

Attached Files:

7. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member