1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Vintage Collections

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by amandainvermont, Jul 29, 2017.

1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Just saw this collection of old tins on Facebook. Wonder if any of the rest of you have collections on display to share.

20374323_1200321140072474_3933588981332741804_n.jpg

2. amandainvermont

I think all of us would LOVE to tour your home.

GemGem likes this.
  3. I collect vintage retro kitchen items and radios from the 1940s 50s and 60.
    The display piece was in my Mother in laws beauty shop and dates to the 1950s.

The Fiesta Ware pieces were my Moms and some of my Mother in laws.
    I love the humorous novelty plastic salt and pepper shakers which are getting harder to find and anything vintage to do with with dogs.

retro kitchen.jpg

retro kitchen salt peppers.jpg

4. Robin of Frocksley

Robin of Frocksley Registered Guest

Love this thread! Your house is great, Linda!

Here are a few of my favorite collections..

Vintage style advice books. Mixed in are a couple of trashy paperbacks and the funniest quilting book ever (a gift from my hubby)

20170801_121802.jpg

I also love vintage dollhouses, this one is one of my favorites

20170801_121918.jpg

Vintage stuffed animals are another weakness of mine, here are my three favorite furry friends

20170801_122014.jpg

My most expensive (and expansive) collection isn't vintage. I have a serious thing for flowers. Here is my front garden

20170801_122424.jpg

And this last collection is actually my husband's, but it is my favorite of all. Mustache and beard awards!

20170801_122522.jpg

Thanks for letting me share these!

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Not only vintage, but also... I collect fashion dolls - mostly Barbie, but some larger ones like Gene too, and many of Barbie's friends and competitors - Sindy, Mimi, Jenny, Tiny Kitty, Momoko, Licca, Fashion Royalty and so on. My dolls come in all shapes and colors. Modern and vintage ones, and I like to mix modern and vintage dolls and outfits. And I love putting up whole display scenes with all sorts of accessories!

midge_birthday4.jpg midge_aboardship_funatthefair.jpg

band.jpg

Capture.JPG

cocktails1.jpg

wakeup1.jpg

wakeup2.jpg
    wakeup4.jpg
    wakeup7.jpg

DSC01715.JPG

20017586_10155577162399936_2162591201694098627_o.jpg
    bridal7.jpg bridal5.jpg bridal4.jpg bridal3.jpg bridal2.jpg

6. amandainvermont

7. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

I collect shawls and scarves and belt buckles. I buy shawls when I travel and through the years many of my students have given me scarves. Most are unlabeled but I know where most came from. It's a nice way to remember a trip.

Most of the belt buckles are from the markets in London. I want to photo them and ask you to help me date them--maybe next year--when I finish my book.

Yesterday, my grand-daughter sent an email asking me for a shawl for an upcoming SF trip. I asked what color--black.
    I looked into the drawer with shawls--1 drawer turned into 3 and the black shawls quickly became 6.
    All three drawers were a jumble with some odd fabrics and other odds and ends. They're now in a pile on the floor waiting for me to return to sorting this a.m.

Yes, I have handkerchiefs too about 50. I'll use them all then have an ironing day.Handkerchiefs are particularly interesting to show various types of handwork.

8. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Here are a few buckles. The criteria for selecting were the materials. The shoe buckles are at the bottom.

cDSCN1232.jpg

This is a nice little shadow box I got at a London market.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2017
  9. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I have to get my buttons organized too!!!!

foofoogal likes this.
  10. Midge

Oh yes, those wacky advertisement recipes and the images to go with them... Someone was posting a lot of those on FB for a time.

11. I used to collect a lot of things: dolls (Madame Alexander, mainly), tiny soaps from hotels and airplanes, etc. Now I collect only things I wear/use and art.

I'm in off-load mode. Anybody want to buy the bulk of my stock?

Some of my art:

15443880670858806753562862885302.jpg Huffy Hole by Shane Bard, oil on canvas

15443881605271384408536165241796.jpg Brown Thrasher by Laura Adams, paper collage on canvas.

15443886024816157020038973085907.jpg Untitled by Lianna Repass, chalk on paper.

Attached Files:

12. Midge

13. Midge

14. poppysvintageclothing

That's a sunbeam mixer attachment? Never have I seen that one...looks like it works great!

15. Midge

16. poppysvintageclothing

Amazing all of those attachments...who knew! Polishing pad might work great for some jewelry! The buffer too and also really like the coffee grinder.

Cute cabinet for $20.

17. amandainvermont

I had no idea about those attachments - and yes, that potato peeler is wonderful. Thanks for sharing everything Linda.

18. dejohnpenc

dejohnpenc Registered Guest

I always love collections.

19. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member