1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO: Not sure what kind of jacket this is and where to find it.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Gardengloom, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Gardengloom

Gardengloom Registered Guest

A02884B3-31EB-42E8-973A-04DA61AC70C6.jpeg 2E18E502-374C-4F3C-BD5E-59D77D102593.jpeg
    I’ve looked everywhere for this jacket and I cannot seem to figure out what brand it is, nor what style/type of leather jacket it is.

The jacket is worn by Robert Englund in the beginning scenes of the movie Freddy Vs Jason.

The closest thing I could find to it was a 1985 M.Julian Wilson’s leather jacket that I found on Poshmark. Unfortunately a men’s medium didn’t fit.
    Below is the jacket I bought from poshmark. I’m not sure how accurate it is to the movie jacket.
    F91C1FED-0491-48A6-A8A0-70CD7266495A.jpeg C3B09C71-6C17-4095-9391-25CB97D13EEE.jpeg CB358B6F-AC1A-4392-B4D2-B5C6434C528F.png 6FB7ABA6-6EC0-412A-ABF8-53AC1D31A190.jpeg E50A560F-0071-4F63-926B-6382E24973A4.jpeg 154ACE44-F191-4575-8C52-DCC5F07495B9.jpeg

I went out of my way to contact Wilson’s but they had no helpful information to give me.

I would really appreciate any information anyone could give me, even if it’s a direction to find someone else like an expert on the matter.

Thank you so much, I’m happy to be here: the community seems really nice!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

i would suggest going to the source: look up who the wardrobe designer was for the film, and try to contact them.

good luck!

Gardengloom likes this.
  3. Gardengloom

That’s such a good idea! I just learned who the costume designer was (Gregory Mah and Carolyn Bentley), but I unfortunately couldn’t find any way to contact Them. I actually tried to contact Robert Englund on the matter in the past, but never received a response.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  4. Gardengloom

No responses from anyone at the studio or elsewhere. Any advice? :( Still looking..

5. Trish

Trish Registered Guest

6. Gardengloom

Hello! Just keeping this thread alive. I’ve still had no luck on contacting anyone involved with the garment. :( Is there a section on leather jacket styles I could refer to?

7. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

When you say that the jacket you bought on Poshmark "didn't fit", was it too big? Too small? Snug (or loose) in the wrong places?

Gardengloom likes this.
  8. Gardengloom

The jacket was too big for me, too loose and the sleeves were too long.:no: I communicated with the seller and gave my measurements, however it did not fit.

9. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

The style seems to be based on the classic 1960s Wrangler denim jacket. If that helps your search.

10. Gardengloom

11. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Good call, Barbara! Classic jeans jacket style was my take as well, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't misunderstanding your vision.

EDIT: The DiCaprio jacket has a different collar style - more like a blazer with lapels as compared to your Holy Grail. DiCaprio's looks longer through the body too.

Another Edit: As a seller, an email from a prospective buyer saying "My measurements are xx, will this fit me?" is nearly impossible to answer. Fit is subjective, and depends a lot on personal preferences. Your best bet as an educated buyer is to go through your closet and pull out a similar garment that fits you well. Measure that garment, and use those numbers to shop.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020