1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christian Dior blazer

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by superhemi66, Sep 17, 2019.

1. superhemi66

superhemi66 Registered Guest

I recently purchased a vintage Christian Dior double breasted blazer. Anyone know when and where it was made? Also any info on the Jimmy Stewart's New Orleans label also on the garment?

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      31 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      25.2 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      32.8 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      65.4 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      73.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Are there any labels in the lining pockets? My guess is it was made in the USA. We have the CD label in our resource as 70s.
    Hard to see the exact silhouette of the jacket to be sure of the period. A complete front and back photo would help. Being a mens
    jacket, buttoning on the opposite side would also help.

3. superhemi66

Took these today. On the made for JImmy Stewart's New Orleans label, I googled it and the only thing I came up with was a man named Jimmy Stewart who was drafted by the New Orleans Saint in 1977. sine then I've been wondering if this may have been a blazer that actually belonged to him.

Attached Files:

4. superhemi66

Also, the blazer is black in color. I used the flash function on my phone when I took the photos> It shows more detail that way.

5. superhemi66

Made a mistake. This label was on the inside of the left liner pocket, in the right. Sorry for the mix up.

Attached Files:

6. Thanks for the extra photos. Still difficult to see the silhouette but the ACTWU label is more modern than 70s, I think. Look forward to what others have to say.

Jimmy Stewart’s was likely a haberdashery in New Orleans.

7. superhemi66

Don't guess it was owned by the football player or the actor.

8. Highly doubt it. Those type of “made expressly for...” labels were, and are, seen on many different haberdasheries.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  9. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I would contact https://www.hnoc.org for more info about the store. Jimmy Stewart's was likely that, a store.

10. superhemi66

I emailed jeff's haberdashery new orleans website abut the jacket. Got a reply that they never heard of a store named Jimmy Stewart's in new orleans. They said it was probably made of an individual.