1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A scarf Cate wore in ‘Ocean’s 8’

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Layla1122, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Layla1122

Layla1122 Registered Guest

D3EFC4A8-C8AE-4112-98A2-DE424C9A9070.jpeg 34842935-AB0E-4271-A0CE-3EDD98FDE516.jpeg Hi!
    Looking for this long scarf worn by Cate Blanchett in and/or on the set of Ocean’s 8. I have a feeling it’s vintage, as costumer said scarves were vintage in an interview. (She’s wearing two scarves in these photos; I’m referring to the long patterned one.) Can anyone please ID the designer?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

It is very difficult to know if this is silk or a lightweight wool. Very hard to discern. On first glance it looks more like a men's scarf from the 1940s or 50s to me. These were manufactured by companies, not a designer brand name, some did not have a label. Some of these older men's scarves carried the manufacturer's label like Tooke or Currie. This type of scarf is my personal favorite to wear in the fall and winter months.

3. Layla1122

Thanks for your quick reply, Mary Jane! I will scour the web for this or something similar.

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

5. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

We've sold several of these over the years, generally 1940s and quite often a silk rayon blend. They were quite often mens scarves or cravats. We had one that was definitely 1960s which we knew because of the label, made for a known department stores. So I'd try searching 1940s mens rayon cravats.

They are now VERY popular with grooms. : )

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  7. Layla1122

Thank you, Mary and Cin! Yes, I was searching for "foulard." It's kind of a geometric/foulard thing.