1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With Description and Dating 1920's? Ribbon Rosettes Decorative

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by acvintage, Aug 12, 2020.

1. acvintage

acvintage Registered Guest

Years ago I saw these all the time. Now can't find any like mine.

I have two of these. Anyone know what they are called and used for? The larger one has long streamers with rosettes at bottom of streamers. The streamers are adjustable in that they can slide back and forth.

Thanks for any help...

Attached Files:

2. acvintage

Anyone??

3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

4. acvintage

Thank you, Maggie. Hopefully, someone will come along ...

5. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

So pretty - thinking bridal ... or horse decoration... Obviously I am no help!

6. acvintage

Ha! I've seen the "horse award" ones. Mine is so much prettier!

7. acvintage

Ok, I've stumbled onto some old magazine black and white illustrations. The smaller one was used as a side decorative on a silk cap. The larger one was used on a 1920s day dress as a drop waist belt like decorative. Please excuse my wording - I deal in linens. I'm a real newbie at vintage clothes and accessories.

I'm still hoping someone comes along that knows exactly but if not, I'll go with what I've found so far...

Retro Ruth likes this.
  8. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Your research sounds right to me. Ribbon work was very popular in the Teens and 20s, especially for lingerie, lounging wear and party dresses.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  9. acvintage

Thank you for the help and comments, ladies!