1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPOTLIGHT ON VINTAGE: HOLIDAY DRESSING

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Linn, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

[​IMG]

Many VFG Members and Guests will celebrate Thanksgiving on Thursday. Even before the pandemic, dressing has become far more casual than it was for most of us when we were younger. Let's go back in time and put together a vintage look of what we would like to wear - for our Thanksgiving celebration.

upload_2020-11-24_6-53-47.png

Select something from your personal collection, your inventory or your wish list. Have fun with a few accessories. And, however you spend the day - let's be thankful for what we have - and for the VFG!!

Here's mine:

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

2. vivavintageclothing

vivavintageclothing VFG Member

So thankful for the VFG this year! As we spend more time at home these days, it's a joy to be able to "meet up" with you all on the forum!

Here's a Thanksgiving outfit that I'd love to wear, put together from my current shop inventory:

Green gold metallic brocade 1960s cocktail party dress
    Tall crown 1960s turban-style hat in orange, green, and taupe velvet
    Bakelite beads and green crystals 1960s drop earrings
    DR1358-gold green metallic brocade 1960s cocktail party dress - 1.jpg LH405-tall crown turban hat velvet green orange feathers 1960s - 1.jpg JE109-drop earrings 1950s 1960s green crystal beads Bakelite - 1.jpg

3. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

I have never dressed up for Thanksgiving, always too busy cooking and bartending!
    If I hadn't sold this apron, I would be wearing it...
    ginghamapron.jpg
    ginghamapronf.jpg

4. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

I too am so thankful for the VFG this year. With all my heart I am glad to have such a great board to work with, and a membership that is a group of dear friends to me.

I used to go to a friend's Turkey Wake every Thanksgiving Eve. She had an Irish send off, and everyone spoke lovingly of Old Tom. I wore various get-ups, including this. I am wearing a foil pie pan and cellophane hat, a vintage bustier covered in foil, a vintage crinoline, 30s silver dance shoes, and foam rubber gauntlets. I fancied myself being a dish of scalloped potatoes.

turkeywakecostume.png

5. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

I am loving all these outfits!!!

vivavintageclothing likes this.