1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please introduce yourself here! 2020

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by The Vintage Merchant, Mar 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mette Karlsen

Mette Karlsen Registered Guest

IMG_20191004_142336827.jpg P.S. These are photos of one of my very most treasured vintage garments. Just want to share.

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

So nice to meet with you, Mette. Sorry to hear about your dear cat, many of us here are cat people, always a difficult time when they leave us.

I do hope you will join us in the forums. We always like to share and help our fellow vinties!

denisebrain likes this.
  3. starchild

starchild Registered Guest

Hi, fellow vintage nerds! I've been using this site for five (i think?) years but haven't gotten myself an account until now. Since I want to get involved in the vintage fashion rabbit hole even further. I've worked in a top tier vintage clothing store for four years but I'm looking at starting my own web shop and hopefully in the future show room / physical store. Huge nerd about 60's and 70's fashion and love a good knitted tee and a pair of platforms. Queer gender bender guy who wears men and womens clothing. Looking forward to maybe help contribute to new brands and labels and talk vintage clothing.

Volter
    (Just wanted to share something! Like a good pair of 60's Levis big E womens poly pants and a swedish 60's (Benny Andersson from ABBA had one exactly like this) sanfor shirt.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Welcome!! Love the outfit—I'm mesmerized by your shoes!

starchild likes this.
  5. starchild

starchild Registered Guest

Gah! I know right?? They are late 60's! Found them deadstock :o

6. denisebrain

Even better!!

7. denisebrain

Hi Jennie, tell us about yourself! :hiya:

8. ShelleyBell

ShelleyBell Registered Guest

Hello friends and thank you for the invite
    I am so happy I’ve found you all. My story began, the last few months I’ve had to start caring for my mother. We’ve had a storage in the back of my dads shop that hasn’t been touched literally for 30 years. It contains my mom, sister and my clothes from the 60’s and 70’s. We moved overseas when I was 12 and so they are in mint condition. Some still have original tags. I would love to find out more about reselling but don’t know where to start. It’s been so fun sifting through these storage containers, time capsule rather. And would love to share with all of you fellow vintage lovers.
    thanks again

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  9. denisebrain

Hello @ShelleyBell ! How fortunate to have a time capsule of vintage clothing!

If you'd like to have a look at what VFG Trade Members use for our Code of Practice, it might help understand reselling: https://vintagefashionguild.org/vfg-code-of-practice/

We won't be able to help you with pricing, but you can get a feel for the going rates from eBay sold items. We are happy to try to help with other details, such as era, design features, and fabric types.

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  10. denisebrain

Please visit our new 2021 welcome thread HERE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.