1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPOTLIGHT ON VINTAGE: HEARTS

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Linn, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

[​IMG]
    Although Valentine's Day was a few days ago, it's always fun to wear clothing and jewelry with heart motifs. Here are two of mine:

[​IMG]

C. 1930s Glass Dress Clip set in Potmetal

[​IMG]
    Rhodium plated unsigned late 1930s Dress Clip

Please share your pieces!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  2. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Ooh, Linn. I love the clip with the 3 glass hearts!
    And now I have that Blondie song as an ear worm. :caterpillar:

Racked Vintage likes this.
  3. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

I have collected Pyrex pieces for our mid-century home for over 6 years now. In the beginning of my collecting I was still learning all about what was popular and what patterns went well in resale. As many of you may know there is a lurking Pyrex promotional piece called "Lucky in Love" that featured hearts and green shamrocks. I am 100% sure that while on our honeymoon years back my husband picked that up in a random antique store we happened upon and showed me and said, "Look at this one! It's so different." I looked and considered buying it but I had already been antiquing for days and was low on budget so I PASSED IT UP. :exhausted:

I will NEVER forgive myself for that! The last I saw on Ebay went for over $4000.00!! Gahhhhh.

luckyinlovepyrex.jpg

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I have never seen this pattern...it is wonderful!

Racked Vintage likes this.
  5. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

Keep your eyes peeled, MJ! They are hard to come by! :danceban:

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  6. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

I love heart things to wear! (And to cook in if one is so lucky as to find that Pyrex pattern!)

I have a 1950s felt hat with small beaded hearts. This belonged to my godmother.

bluehatredheartsjj2.JPG

Other favorite wearable hearts are these shoes I bought in London in 1993. The heels are heart shaped too! They reside over my closet door.

shoes.jpg.jpg

Lots of eye candy on this line can be seen in one of my Pinterest boards:
    https://www.pinterest.com/denisebrain/have-a-heart/

7. Linn

Fabulous! The Pinterest Board is wonderful. I thought I had a Bakelite heart but I don't.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    denisebrain likes this.
  8. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Not just hearts but definitely hearts!

2283682D-B8B2-44A0-B803-2D065BB894AC.jpeg
    44300FE8-819D-4344-B20E-673C4F8E370D.jpeg

Midge, denisebrain and MagsRags like this.
  9. Linn

What a fun print! Thanks for showing it!!!

Vintagiality likes this.
  10. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

11. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

This “hearts & flowers” earrings and necklace set is from my personal collection, and wasn’t vintage when I received it as a gift from DH in the mid-1980s. The back of my neck is so sensitive these days that I can’t wear halters or necklaces, even lightweight ones. But the earrings are still in regular rotation. I think I wear these earrings more than any others.
    57F4531F-C637-4FB0-86C7-149D6B0548EB.jpeg FC9EE991-1392-45F2-8778-F0935FC38BC0.jpeg

denisebrain likes this.
  12. Linn

This is lovely. Maggie. Thank you for sharing it.

I wonder if there is a way you could wrap the catch of the necklace and a little bit of the chain in a very soft fabric to keep it off your neck. Or maybe use tiny dress clips to attach it to the front of a top or dress. Or wear it under the collar of a shirt or over a turtle neck.... just thinking of ways you could wear but you've probably already tried!

denisebrain and MagsRags like this.