1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On the subject of mending ...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Vinclothes, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

2. liveshopdie

liveshopdie Registered Guest

In my own personal wardrobe I'm fearless when it comes to washing and mending, but when it comes to something I want to sell, I hesitate greatly lest I should make something worse. Something I need to get over I know because that pile of things that need a good washing or repair does tend to grow. Personally I love mending. One of my favorite things is an old corset that has been carefully mended over and over again. Probably an every day item that was kept for many years and I just marvel at all the careful hand stitched repairs of it. If I were to sell it I'd be highlighting these repairs as the best part of the garment.

3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

I love vintage mends too. Seeing the tenderest little fixes on baby clothes, or very secure and careful patches on work clothes... I have a small file of beautiful vintage mend pics.

4. Dilly Day

Dilly Day Registered Guest

I love to sit in a sunny spot with some soothing music playing and work my way through my basket of "wounded" vintage finds - sewing is very therapeutic I think.

20210313_121810.jpg

Thought I'd share a picture of the lovely little silk lined sewing box I have recently acquired. There are threads in all shades for mending your stockings! I just love it!

5. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

what a lovely sewing box! I agree, I find sewing to be very therapeutic, too, especially while listening to music.

liveshopdie likes this.
  6. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

7. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member