1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

History of Fashion Through Buttons

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by amandainvermont, Mar 16, 2021.

1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

March is National Button Month! (Below are metallic buttons - 1850-1950). A virtual presentation, "History of Fashion Through Buttons" will take place March 20 (4 PM Eastern).

After the presentation experienced collectors will be available to answer questions about collectible and antique buttons.

Register in advance HERE.

eihepjhz.jpeg

2. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator

I am totally IN for that presentation. Thank you.

I'm in love with ALL buttons, but I need to have a better knowledge base.

3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Amanda, who is doing the presentation?

4. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

The Idaho State Button Society and the Historical Button Club are sponsoring the event. The presentation is byJoan Lindsay who has published books on historical buttons. -

"After the presentation experienced collectors will be available to answer questions about collectible and antique buttons." Perhaps Matthew will be "present"?

cmpollack and denisebrain like this.
  5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Amanda, I tried to find her books on Amazon, but no luck... if you know the title(s), let me know - for our Amazon shop :).

6. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

I attended the webinars and I thought it was quite interesting. Thank you for letting us know about it. These were some hard core button experts! I wish they provided the presentation slides they used.