1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please introduce yourself here! 2021

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by denisebrain, Jan 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Welcome Andrew!

2. ANDREW RYNNE

ANDREW RYNNE Registered Guest

Many thanks. Looking forward to reading new things!

Retrouverbiz Vintage likes this.
  3. backtothe90s

backtothe90s Registered Guest

Hi, I'm a new visitor to this group and I'm hell-bent on creating my own fashion line by reviving vintage 90s and 80s styles. Hoping this forum will help me, cheers ya'll!

4. denisebrain

backtothe90s likes this.
  5. fashON

fashON Registered Guest

Hi everyone! I just joined here because I found vintage fashion very interesting. The trends right now are getting too boring and when I stumbled upon vintage fashion, I was immediately hooked! Is there a thread here for beginners or newbies? I would love to get to know the community too!

Retrouverbiz Vintage and Midge like this.
  6. denisebrain

Hello @fashON :hiya: It's great to have you here! I agree with you totally that trends have absolutely nothing on vintage fashion—where you have the gamut of styles to choose from.

We don't have a thread specifically for newcomers to vintage, but if you haven't yet seen it, we have the forum rules in a post: https://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/pages/Welcome-to-the-VFG-Forums-please-read/

And our ever-popular forums, Q&A
    https://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/forums/public-vintage-fashion-ask-questions-get-answers.39/
    Chatter
    https://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/forums/public-vintage-chatter-anything-and-everything.47/
    and Show & Tell
    https://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/forums/public-show-and-tell-share-your-treasures.40/

Have a look around—you'll like this place!

7. Elen Beattie

Elen Beattie Registered Guest

Hello everyone, thanks for accepting me! I'm Elen, living in Canada originally from N. Ireland. I run my own little vintage Etsy store part-time. Although I love all kinds of vintage, I have really fallen in love with purses and Art Deco jewelry. I often thrift, buy at auctions, online and so on-not just for my store but for myself. It's hard to let go of my treasures sometimes! I am hoping you guys will help me sometimes with identifying designers/makers and figuring out the age of my finds. I also love to see what others share. Thanks so much :)

8. denisebrain

It's great to have you as our guest Elen, welcome!

We'll be glad to help you with your finds, and look forward to seeing your treasures.

9. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Welcome, Elen -

I love Art Deco jewelry - and purses of all type. Please ask about anything you find!

10. Elen Beattie

Elen Beattie Registered Guest

Thanks Linn, I will! :USETHUMBUP:

Retrouverbiz Vintage likes this.
  11. J. María

J. María Registered Guest

Hello! I am simply a grandmother with a closet full of vintage clothing, and I enjoy sewing. The reason I joined was because I was interested in the thread "Loma Leads etc", because I have a lovely Patricia Fair dress I bought nearly 50 years ago, and wanted to know the history of the brand. At first I thought that it was a label related to the mother of Catherine Zeta-Jones, Patricia Fair (seamstress)!! hmmm.

GemGem likes this.
  12. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

13. szmaine

szmaine Registered Guest

Hi. My name is Suzanne. New here and have already created a post. I like to buy vintage fabric for sewing projects. Looking forward to reading all the very interesting content here!

GemGem, Midge and denisebrain like this.
  14. denisebrain

So glad you found us Suzanne! helloemoti

GemGem and szmaine like this.
  15. Nora Taoutaou

Nora Taoutaou Registered Guest

Hello everyone,

I have registered to this forums as I am desperately trying to find out a brand name from a garnment label from a picture. I am from France, live in the UK and "curating" a 80s-90s style-based wardrobe. I hope someone on here will be able to help me!

GemGem likes this.
  16. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

GemGem likes this.
  17. Nora Taoutaou

Nora Taoutaou Registered Guest

Thank you Linn!!

18. thegrannywardrobe

thegrannywardrobe VFG Member

Hello everyone! My name is Lorraine, based in Vancouver, BC and very happy to be here!

I loved exploring my granny's wardrobe when I was a kid, listening to her stories and watching her OOTD was the best thing ever! I started collecting and wearing vintage clothing - absolutely adore the elegance and glamour of the golden days.

I first found VFG through its vast fashion history resources and now very excited to be part of the forum and join the conversations. :)

See you around and wish you all a great rest of your week!

19. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

20. margol13

margol13 Registered Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.