1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chanel Vintage suit

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Melissa Ryzy, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Melissa Ryzy

Melissa Ryzy Registered Guest

Hello, I'm a new visitor and happy to be here. I'm considering selling my vintage Chanel suit. I don't have much history on it, since I'm the 2nd owner.
    It has a hanger chain and both jacket and skirt are in perfect condition. I think it's from the 80's. I wore it a lot and absolutely loved it, but I've given up on it ever fitting me again. It's been hanging in my closet for 5 years. I especially love the gun metal grey buttons. Here's the snag...I had it altered about 10 years ago, shortening the sleeves.
    Will anyone please share their opinion on its value and date of birth?

Attached Files:

2. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Can you please show a clear photo of the labels, the one you have is blurry, reading those will help to date your item. This forum does not value items as per the forum rules. You are bound to gain a lot of knowledge if you stick around though

Melissa Ryzy likes this.
  3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I agree - I'd like to see a close-up of the label as well. As long as you mention the alteration - and best also the actual sleeve length, I see no problem in selling it as it is.

Melissa Ryzy likes this.
  4. Melissa Ryzy

Is this better quality?

Attached Files:

5. Melissa Ryzy

Here are more pics of the tag and chain.
    Thank you for your feedback!

Attached Files:

6. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Looks like it’s from the spring 2001 collection going by the info on the label. When did you first have it?

7. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

upload_2021-7-29_0-4-51.jpeg

From the same 2001 Chanel catwalk

8. Melissa Ryzy

The buttons are different and the skirt is totally different. It's also not belted

9. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

I agree that it appears to be from Spring 2001. I think the 01P stands for 2001 Printemps. It may not be exactly the same as what GemGem posted but there is a clear style similarity between yours and the one she posted

10. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

I’d also like to add that many people (especially gen Z) consider the turn of the century to be vintage. There is a huge trend in Y2K clothing right now so your lovely Chanel suit may really appeal to that audience.

Caleb Phillips likes this.
  11. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

12. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

13. Melissa Ryzy

Around 2008, I think, but my friend gave it to me and she said it was several years old.

GemGem likes this.
  14. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator

15. christianphillips

christianphillips Registered Guest

I see it’s been a while, but I’d like to chime in. Your Chanel suit looks incredibly stylish, and the fact that it's a vintage piece adds so much more value – those classic designs are totally on-trend these days. The hanger chain and those gun metal grey buttons are such cool details. As a fellow connoisseur of high-quality and stylish suits, I can totally appreciate the value of unique pieces like yours.