1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharing but need some advice please

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Avantbo, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Avantbo

Avantbo Registered Guest

I was visiting Bridgwater and Taunton in Somerset yesterday and while there had a few hours to myself so visited a few charity shops.

I am repairing a very old belt at the moment so had been looking for a replacement suitable buckle I might utilize and found one, so was very please but it got better.

When I went to pay I was told, its buy something, get another free on certain items and it was the same offer visiting 3-4 other shops.

So purchased a belt, some trousers and a pair of shoes, I spent £7.50 in all.

It’s the trousers and shoes, I need advise on.

The check trousers, anyone come across the label, “RayGun" — Tribe? a quick Google and came across a couple of clothing companies using the same name but no label showing a 50s style RayGun logo or the word "Tribe" so not sure what era?

The all brown, flared trousers I’m delighted with, they are nothing special to look at but knew what I had when I saw the waist band but they will require a new zip.

What is throwing me a bit is the trousers have no pockets except for 1 inside pocket but I have no idea if this pocket is original or added later, it is unusual and to me impractical, any ideas?

The shoes were in a terrible-terrible state but I could not - not buy them but as they were only 50p, leather was dry and the heels, the previous owner must have had some serious pronation and walked on their heels only.

I spent this morning, re-blocking and pegging the heels, new rubbers and staining.

The shoes look really dark at the moment as after using a 60/40 mix of distilled water and meths’, ( a little risky ), to clean and open leather pores they are saturating in leather feed.

Not found a size but can’t see them being larger then 8 but are they Male or Female and again what era, I think 70s but could they be 60s or 80s??

Any advice would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

• 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      58.2 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      61.8 KB
      Views:
    • 7.JPG
      7.JPG
      File size:
      43.9 KB
      Views:
    • 14.JPG
      14.JPG
      File size:
      15.3 KB
      Views:
    • 16.JPG
      16.JPG
      File size:
      26.9 KB
      Views:
    • 17.JPG
      17.JPG
      File size:
      62.9 KB
      Views:
    • 18.JPG
      18.JPG
      File size:
      43.6 KB
      Views:
    • 20.JPG
      20.JPG
      File size:
      28.3 KB
      Views:
    • 21.JPG
      21.JPG
      File size:
      40.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Avantbo

Avantbo Registered Guest

I'm bumping my thread.

I found a shoe stamp, size 8 1/2, D.

That suggest a ladies size but are they and what era?

Help appreciated.

3. azure5

azure5 Registered Guest

The shoes definitely look 70s to me.
    You could take your label enquiry direct to the editors of the Guild (rather thanin this forum).
    Mind you, I'm only new and just orienting myself with the site.

4. Carla Kilbride

Carla Kilbride Registered Guest

Hi I'm not sure if this helps, came across this post when looking for some Raygun clothing online. My dad used to wear this brand in maybe 2008ish and I'm sure they were about then. I can't find much on the company or anything anymore which is a shame because my dad had some great pieces.