1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please introduce yourself here! 2021

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by denisebrain, Jan 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

2. JBGoat

JBGoat Registered Guest

Hi! I have been sewing, embroidering, collecting, selling, costuming, and wearing vintage since I was 5. I currently sell on Ebay. I am also a VFX Producer in the Motion Picture industry.

3. Midge

4. Lady Bunbury

Lady Bunbury Registered Guest

Hello! Settle in, this might take a bit.

When I was nine my Dad bought a steam engine for us to play on. We kept it at the Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion in Rollag, MN. Mom dressed us in Victorian costumes she made. I wasn't old enough yet to be licensed to run the engine but I could work in the Ladies Activities building and be in the Style Show. I was tall and skinny, so tiny Victorian walking suits and mourning costumes were my forte.

I did the Style Show every year, until one year Neva Granstrom didn't bring her collection. I was heartbroken. My mum drove home and got our collection, Dad rigged a curtain off our pickup camper, and Mom emceed the show! We have been in charge of the Style Show ever since.

I became a licensed steam engineer and reveled in running our engine in a recreated Edwardian lingerie dress, with corset and big Edwardian hat!

After college, I found the SCA and when I told Mom and Dad about it I explained that its Rollag but the heavy metal is armor not steam engines. They got it. I started doing 14th C. English and French garb.

Eleven years ago an SCA friend introduced me to TeslaCon telling me I should come because I had all the clothes already! Since then I've recreated fancy period Edwardian that I wouldn't run an engine while wearing.

I wore Edwardian Everyday for almost a year with a terrible blog. After that ended, I started wearing early 30s every day, recreating all my clothes from period patterns and as close as I can get to period fabric and notions.

Now, I am back on the Style Show Committee and have an enormous collection to date, repair, clean, and inventory so we can continue to use it to teach and show. I need help and hope y'all will be a resource.

Peace,

Jane/Typhaine/Lady Evangeline Bunbury

Ranch Queen Vintage likes this.
  5. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Welcome to the VFG Forums -

Your involvement with vintage clothing sounds very interesting - and a bit different from the path most of us have taken! Please feel free to share your collection - and ask any questions that you may have.

Please check the Inbox to the right of the VFG logo at the top of the page for a message that I sent to you.

6. ivysicily

ivysicily Registered Guest

我想他们很不错

7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I have translated ivysicily's message above from Chinese to English

Hello, thank you for letting me look around and feel comfortable. I have entered some clothing from the 80s, 90s and early 2000s, and I hope to ask a question and pick one or two brains. Thanks in advance.

8. weeeamy

weeeamy Registered Guest

Hey all! Amy here - New to vintage - but loving the hunt! Thanks in advance for your expertise!

9. Jackiemicheal

Jackiemicheal Registered Guest

Hello! I'm Jackie from London. My love for fashion designing and crafting Vintage Leather Accessories has always been there, but it's only recently that people have started taking notice of what a creative individual I am in the field - thank you again for giving me this opportunity with your kind words on my first post here :)

10. Midge

11. Joanie

Joanie Registered Guest

Hello there! I’m from Canada and have always been a vintage enthusiast, mostly mid century modern items - glass, pottery, china…However, I have recently become interested in vintage accessories - hats and scarves mostly, but don’t have a great deal of knowledge about them. I love reading your forums to learn more.

12. Midge

13. Rahul1692

Rahul1692 Registered Guest

Hi Rahul this side from Jaipur. I am new to this forum. By profession , i am a fashion blogger and use to write blog related to ethnic style as well as western style. I like to explore new places and new trends following by audience.

Rahul Khatri - Fashion Blogger *edited by admin: links to non-member websites, blogs and content not allowed. Please see our forum rules here.

14. Samantha Perez

Samantha Perez Registered Guest

Hi everyone! Thank you for this awesome resource, I am new to the industry and it had been incredibly helpful!
    U hace had a passion for all things vintage since I was in high school, before I even knew it was a thing. Now in my 30s after many years in the engineering business I am trying to turn my passion into my job. Slowly building up inventory to start an online store and eventually a brick and mortar - Slow process since I still work full time, but take it one day at a time.
    Excited to meet some new people who share my passion for quirky fashion.

15. Midge

16. Rebecca Jahn

Rebecca Jahn Registered Guest

Hello my name is Rebecca and I love to thrift. I have made lots of good finds over the years but I found this coat that has taken me down the bunny hole of fashion. And now I'm hooked! I hope I can gain some good knowledge and share some things I know. Thanks for adding me

17. shopper.library

shopper.library Registered Guest

Greetings, I'm Victoria, a nearly 70yr young thrift store & estate sale addict. I'm a scheduled volunteer in the jewelry dept of a non-profit thrift "boutique", using a gram scale and gem tester with my hallmark resources to identify and price donated jewelry. We "keep the best & donate the rest" to other thrift organizations; keeping our stock of "high end" clothing, jewelry, furniture etc. We cannot buy when we're on duty and off duty purchases must have been on the sales floor for 24hrs and involve the store manager. I'm learning about silk scarves to help our store, and finding the resources for identification aren't as common as jewelry indices. Eager to get some help from savvy forum members. V

18. Midge

19. Sarah Lewis

Sarah Lewis Registered Guest

Hi all, I'm Sarah and I am obsessed with vintage fashion, especially shoes and accessories. I buy for myself but only have a small house and wardrobe so I have a one in, one out policy so often sell online. Thanks so much for having me in your group.

20. Midge

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.