1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

30’s/40’s? Plaid Coat Identification

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Esteban Kelly, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Esteban Kelly

Esteban Kelly Registered Guest

I was thinking 40’s on this one, but not too sure on women’s coats. In love with the buttons even though there is one missing. I found varying info on “Feiner Fashions” but no WPL or anything of that nature. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

I can't see any mention of Feiner Fashions prior to 1946, and the items it made were purely clothes to wear in the home: house dresses, dusters, robes, house coats, loungewear—that sort of thing.

I have to say that a yearly subscription to newspapers.com is a real advantage for searching vintage labels.

3. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

I love it! It's beautiful! The buttons looks like a 30's style to me but agree the coat could be 40's. Will be eager to see what the other experts have to say.

Jonathan likes this.
  4. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

How padded are the shoulders? Right now I am thinking very late 1940s, possibly very early 1950s.

GemGem likes this.
  5. Esteban Kelly

Esteban Kelly Registered Guest

Very minimal padding, little less than half an inch.

GemGem likes this.
  6. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Then I come down on early to mid 1950s.