1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Look for VFG Shop on Facebook!!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Shop with VFG members' started by MagsRags, Jan 13, 2020.

1. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

As of mid-December, VFG Shop has changed our format to a General one. What will this mean for Buyer-Members?

Most listings will look more like Discussion posts. Title, price, and seller location may not appear in their own separate bracket – look in the body of the listing. Sellers will still try to make important stuff easy to find.

You may not see a clickable button for “Contact Seller”. You will still be able to send a DM (Direct Message) to the seller, and if you are a Buyer-Member, will be able to add a comment to the listing.

The Search function within the shop will work better, and pull up more listings for you if they fit your Search terms – even older ones that you might not find easily on your own. You will also be able to Search for Sold listings.

You shouldn’t see as many random Marketplace suggestions – in fact, we’re hoping you won’t see any.

Why have we made this change? Facebook changed the structure and look of their Groups in a way that made our original Buy & Sell format more difficult for Buyer-Members to use. We believe using the General format will provide a better experience for both Buyers and Sellers. If you have ever visited one of the Ooh La La groups on Facebook, then you have seen a General group that is used for buying and selling.

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

3. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

Thanks for this update!

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  4. Thank you!

If I recall correctly, this was the original format, back when I created the group. What FB did since then made no sense for us, so it's definitely a good idea to switch back.

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  5. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

I think that’s awesome Maggie. It really makes a lot of sense for it to be like that.
    I think the shop is really doing great. Amanda came up with a great idea to have the VFG shop on FB and all of you admin staff just keep on keeping on. I know it takes a lot of effort so thank you.

beatingHeart

6. Oh, right. I forgot that I'd imagined the whole thing. I wasn't actually involved at all. Gotta stop smoking crack. lol

7. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Thank you, I am hoping to give this a go sometime soon!

8. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Since this is the public forum for the VFG Shop on Facebook, our Buyer-Members are probably most interested in what goodies VFG Trade Members are offering, and how to find it.

Hard to believe that the shop has been open for more than a year now. The ongoing growth and development has been something to be proud of, from the core that built it, to the team that has carried on, to the new Buyer-Members who are joining every day.

Gayle, we hope you do join in soon. We currently have 30-40 VFG trade members registered, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 listings. The more, the merrier!

9. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

I am grateful to EVERONE who was/is willing to deal with Facebook's .... singularities. (???) I'm older than most of you. When I was a reporter for a daily newspaper we all used blocky old-fashioned typewriters and blank newspaper paper that we would cut and tape together as we switched paragraphs. That's about my level of technological expertise.

10. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Forget technology. I’m not sure many people could do that now.

Kids and adults into their 30s would be in a state of emergency.

It would be neat to hear more about you being a reporter one day. I see a potential newsletter article please.

11. Margare

Margare Registered Guest

Nice collection. i will more look around.

MagsRags likes this.