1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1902 Wedding Album

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by lkranieri, Apr 29, 2018.

1. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

THIS LINK should take you to a Dropbox folder with scans of a 1902 wedding album in my collection, and which belonged to a fairly affluent NY woman. I just got the album back from the digitization company and uploaded the scans to DropBox, so I can share the contents of the album.

Her album has photos of her in her wedding gown, of course, but also of her trousseau, with small samples of the fabrics used to make her gowns.

EDITED TO ADD: You can click the "+" sign beneath each image, to enlarge it.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  2. Robin of Frocksley

Robin of Frocksley Registered Guest

This is fabulous! I love the pages with the little poems, especially the one where the bride changed the end of the verse from blue to pink!!

Thanks so much for sharing this!

cmpollack and lkranieri like this.
  3. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Ha! I never even saw that addition. Thanks for pointing that out.

cmpollack and Robin of Frocksley like this.
  4. Lynne, what a treasure to possess. It's sad that it didn't stay in the family, but so good that it is in the hands of someone who will take good care of it and preserve it. I was impressed at the list of gifts, one of which was $200.00. That was quite a bit for 1902. And, there were lots of gifts of furniture, too. I love the little bits of fabric from the Bride's clothing that was attached to the pages. Just beautiful and thanks for sharing. I enjoyed each page!

cmpollack and lkranieri like this.
  5. Vintage Runway

Vintage Runway VFG Member

This was so wonderful to see. Thanks for sharing!

lkranieri likes this.
  6. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

What an Anniversary trip. So fabulous.
    I once found a 1930s Wedding album. Chock full of photos, telegrams, meticulously added to by the Bride.
    Little drawings of her decorating ideas with snips of wallpaper etc.
    Even silk hankie and birth certificate. Tracked down the family. Took me 5 years and many phone calls.
    The family was ecstatic. The ladies name was Lillian and she had just passed in like her 90s.
    Treasures like these from the past are true History lessons.