1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1909 Fashion Week in Paris

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by amandainvermont, Mar 4, 2017.

1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Those hats ! (Poor birds) And those outfits used a lot of material.
    "Moving Picture" Clip HERE.
    Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 7.38.19 AM.png

2. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

I noticed how the clothing influenced the way the wearer's walked and moved. Some were very long - and tight. How did they keep from tripping? No wonder they used their parasols like a cane.
    Wonderful to see. Thank you, Amanda.

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

That was fun to watch, Amanda, thanks for sharing. I liked the outfit that had the oriental looking pants under it. That ermine coat with matching hat and muff was something else.
    The hats certainly were huge at that time. I have one hat in my collection that is in keeping with these...It is so heavy and you really have to stand up straight when wearing it.

4. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

That is fabulous to see all those dresses and hats in action. I loved the hats, what a treat.....but of course so many poor dear birds gave their lives for those ladies.

I question the dating on this. It does not look like 1909 to me, more like 1911.

No matter the dating, it is wonderful!

I laughed at the poor girl in the showroom, trying unsuccessfully to walk in the white hobble skirted dress. She really looked depressed at having to even wear it! Too funny.

And the hunting attire! Wow.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

6. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

So fabulous. I collect Widow hat items.
    Loved it.

7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I noticed her too, Barbara, she really did look depressed!!!

8. So fabulous. Have shared on my Page. Nothing better than seeing the clothing on moving people. Thank you, Amanda!