1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1920’s/1930’s chiffon robe?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by emilyanneweber, Jun 16, 2020.

1. emilyanneweber

emilyanneweber Registered Guest

Trying to find some info on this robe/jacket. It’s light weight, sheer, not silk or rayon chiffon. Long looped ribbons along hem as well as little roses and green ribbon along sleeves, hem and on the bottom of the ribbons. Such a cool piece but I have no idea in what setting this may be worn?!

Here are some photos!
    Sorry for the quality, it’s a hard piece to photograph!

Attached Files:

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

That is lovely, I am seeing 20s, let's see what others have to say. If it isn't silk chiffon, perhaps it is a silk organza.

emilyanneweber likes this.
  3. emilyanneweber

oh that could be it! I’m not great with fabrics but it almost seems like a suuuuper light linen

4. poppysvintageclothing

It could also be a gauze cotton or handkerchief type linen. Difficult to say without handling it...can you show us a good close up of the fabric.

emilyanneweber likes this.
  5. emilyanneweber

Here’s a couple of photos of the fabric more close up!

Attached Files:

6. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

That does look like a gauze, and I'd said it's 1913 - 17 or so. It reminds me of Poiret in certain ways. That ribbon hem detail is amazing.

7. emilyanneweber

t
    thanks so much for the info! it’s incredible, isn’t it? it’s almost angelic looking on :)

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  8. poppysvintageclothing

Etherial is a word that comes to mind to describe it.