1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1930s? amber rhinestone and silver earrings

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Jonathan, May 8, 2020.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

20200508_171920.jpeg
    No marks that I can find, it is silver. I have been told you should never wash rhinestones, but I had to clean the silver...

2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

C. '30s looks correct to me. If the rhinestones are not foiled, it is perfectly ok to wash them. If they are foiled, it is ok to clean them. Make sure that you do not leave cleaning solution on them, rinse well, and do not put them away or store them before they are totally dry. I clean vintage silver jewelry as minimally as possible but if the silver has tarnished to the point that it is black, I will wipe it off with a Sunshine Cloth. Some patina is not only acceptable it is desirable.

Distantdetails and Jonathan like this.
  3. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Those are beautiful!

4. Lady Scarletts

Lady Scarletts VFG Member

Love them!

5. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator

Agree with everything Linn said, and those are nicely constructed, with the additional columns of rhinestones on the sides. Pretty!

6. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

7. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

These very much resemble a pair I had, although mine had black glass stones. I was pretty sure that mine were 1930s and had a matching necklace.

They are very very pretty!