1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1930s Corn blue Lingerie set? Help with dating

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Joanna lumley, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Joanna lumley

Joanna lumley Registered Guest

I recently aquired this beautiful set consisting of a peignoir and matching nightgown. The cut, crêpe fabric and lace inserts say 1930s to me. But it's color is very much different from other sets I've looked up from that age... Plus it has a split in the front of the nightgown/slip, which seems a little risqué and out of style as well. It has no label, but it's an amazing piece. It's my first vintage lingerie set so I haven't seen anything in real life like this before, and I might be totally wrong about the age! Please help? :)

Attached Files:

Flannery Crane and Retro Ruth like this.
  2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

what kind of fabric is it?

Joanna lumley likes this.
  3. Joanna lumley

I think it's silk, and one side of the fabric feels soft and velvety to the touch, almost like a peaches' skin. I might be wrong, and it could be a very fine viscose, but definitely no synthetic fibers like polyester or nylon.

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

The colour and style don't look like 30s to me, especially also the spaghetti straps. I think no older than 1970s.

5. Joanna lumley

Thank you so much! Now you've pointed it out, I see 70s> as well (and will certainly remember the spaghetti strap giveaway)

6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member